System Medical Director
Join the next generation of physician leaders!
Sound Physicians is seeking exceptional candidates for an opportunity to lead our programs in the Shenandoah Valley area of Virginia. As a System Director with Sound Physicians, you have opportunities to connect and collaborate with other leaders during scheduled chief calls, and during our regional and national leadership conferences. You will also develop policies and guidelines while improving efficiencies through monitoring quality and efficiency metrics. Our model is designed to ensure you have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that enables our organization to drive improved outcomes.
- Oversee communications between multi-service lines to ensure a smooth patient experience throughout the hospital visit
- You will have a staffing coordinator to handle all scheduling
- Program manager, site coordinator, and clinical performance nurse onsite to provide administrative and patient flow support
- The regional operations manager will provide you with weekly reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from utilizing the robust data reporting that Sound Physicians provides leaders with to continuously improve operations
- Dedicated physician-led team for professional education through in-person and online modules on the SoundInstitute™ with a great emphasis on learning and development
- Develop into a Sound Physicians partner through Path to Partnership™
The Hospitalist Program
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
Valley Health has 4 facilities in the Shenandoah Valley - Winchester Medical Center is the flagship tertiary care facility and Shenandoah Memorial Hospital, Warren Memorial Hospital, and Winchester Rehab Center make up the rest. Winchester has been ranked as one of the top 3 hospitals in Virginia by US News and World Report.
- Lead a team of 28 physicians, 1 advanced practitioner, and a clinical performance nurse
- Closed ICU; Procedures not required
- No call environment
- Monday-Friday schedule; 70% administrative; 4.5 clinical shifts per month
- PTO and 9 paid holidays
If you are a progressive physician leader who wants continued growth and development, then Sound Physicians is the right choice for you.