Pediatrician opportunities in Athens, Georgia
- Established Pediatric practice
- Good volume of existing patients
- 8am-5pm Monday through Friday
- Practice call schedule 1:4 (may extend to 1:5)
- Highly supported with outreach
- Large referral volume from existing patient population
- Employed position
- Additional Qualifications include:
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Epic experience a plus
- Experienced candidates highly preferred
Ideal Candidates will display:
- Strong work ethic with passionate drive to always put patients first
- Exceptional clinical skills and knowledge
- Team player dedicated to making Piedmont and our patients better
Piedmont Athens Regional Medical Center is a 360-bed non-profit hospital and regional referral center serving a 17-county service area in Athens and northeast Georgia. We offer a Level 2 Trauma Center and Level 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, urgent care centers, and an extensive network of respected physicians, surgeons and specialists.
Founded by physicians in 1919 as a community hospital, Piedmont Athens Regional became part of Piedmont Healthcare on Oct. 1, 2016 – expanding quality health services to our community.
Key Hospital Facts:
- Located in Athens-Clarke County while serving the following counties: Athens-Clarke, Oconee, Oglethorpe, Madison, Jackson, Barrow, Walton, Morgan, Greene, Taliaferro, Wilkes, Elbert, Hart, Franklin, Banks, Stephens and Habersham
- More than 3,300 employees including physicians and healthcare professionals
- 24-hour emergency services plus all major medical, surgical and diagnostic care, including:
- Heart Care
- Cancer Care and Support Services
- Breast Health Center
- Home Health
- Wound & Hyperbaric Center
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Care
- Orthopedic Care
- Rehabilitation & Therapy Services
- Neurology Services
- Women’s Care including Midwifery Services
- Surgery Services
- Recognized among the top 100 hospitals in the nation preferred by women and on U.S. News and World Report’s Best Hospitals list
The mission of Piedmont Athens Regional is to improve the lives and health of those we touch. As the second largest employer in the region, Piedmont Athens Regional contributes more than $800 million dollars annually to the economy and has earned national recognition for patient experience and comprehensive care.
Not only has Piedmont Athens Regional been chosen as the first Georgia affiliate for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta but has recently been selected to be the Official Healthcare Provider for the University of Georgia Athletic Association.
It's Time to Get Better
For more than a century, Piedmont Healthcare has been a recognized leader in delivering expert care. Last year, Piedmont served nearly two million patients - performing over 44,000 surgeries, delivering 8,000 babies, providing 471,695 outpatient encounters, completing 235 organ transplants and handling nearly 250,000 emergency room visits. For most, that would be a great track record. For us, it's a good start.
At Piedmont, we believe it's always time to get better.
Time to build on our reputation of excellence and enhance our services to deliver a whole new level of compassionate care, and time for discovering new treatment options while providing technology and tools that give patients the information they need - and the voice they deserve in choosing their healthcare.
Of course, the power of technology will never replace the power of a personal touch. That's why at Piedmont, we build long-term patient relationships and strong connections within our communities. What started as a single hospital a century ago has grown into an integrated healthcare system of 11 hospitals and close to 100 physician and specialist offices across greater Atlanta and North Georgia.
Piedmont’s purpose to make a positive difference in every life we touch is our Promise, and it governs our delivery of holistic patient-centric care. And we keep this promise every day. From our patients and their families, to our employees, volunteers, vendors and communities – making a positive difference is not just what we do, it’s who we are. Our team is committed to a common set of priorities aimed at creating a one-of-a-kind experience that always puts the patient first.
Home to the University of Georgia, Athens is as much a city of knowledge as its Greek counterpart. Located 78 miles east of Atlanta, Athens has a rich culture and thriving music scene, which ranked the city on our Top 10 Best Music Scenes list. This college town also has year-round recreation activities, restaurants and more than 65 downtown shops, which help support the local small-business economy.
Today's Athens is full of creative energy, as evidenced by the city's world-renowned music scene, nightlife, art scene and festivals.
With a year-round mild climate, beautiful natural countryside and a focus on healthy living, folks in Athens just naturally seem to love being active.