Seeking BC Radiologist with Cardiothoracic Radiology Experience or Training for Southern Arizona VA Healthcare System, Tucson AZ
The Southern Arizona VA Healthcare System (SAVAHCS), Tucson Arizona, a 283-bed highly affiliated tertiary-care referral system in Southern Arizona, is recruiting for a BC/BE Cardiothoracic Radiologist who has significant experience with Cardiac and Thoracic Computed Tomography (CT) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) interpretation, and/or has recently completed Fellowship Training in Cardiothoracic Imaging, who is also Board Certified in Diagnostic Radiology and is able and interested in also practicing General Radiology. The selected candidate will practice under the guidance and direction of the Chief of Radiology Service, with duties that include interpretation of MRI, CT, US, plain films, and fluoroscopy; review of pre-procedure labs and protocolling of radiology studies; participation in peer review process; quality management activities such as peer review, study/film quality; and participate in SAVAHCS committees such as the multidisciplinary tumor board. The facility currently performs pre A-fib CT, Cardiac CTA, and approximately 129,000 examinations per year. The SAVAHCS is academically affiliated with the University of Arizona College of Medicine, so the selected Cardiothoracic Radiologist will be considered for Academic Appointment based on qualifications, experience and interest, to include research interests, and will be expected to participate in the education and training of residents and technologists.
- Must be a Citizen of the United States (Non-US Citizens will also be considered)
- Must have current, active and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the United States
- Must be BC in Diagnostic Radiology AND have significant experience in CT & MRI interpretation; In lieu of this experience, candidates who have recently completed a Fellowship in Cardiothoracic Imaging, who is also able & interested in performing General Radiology, will also be considered
The second-largest city in Arizona and the county seat of Pima County, Tucson is centered around the smaller towns of Oro Valley, Marana, Catalina, South Tucson (an independent municipality just south of downtown), Sahuarita, Vail, and Green Valley. Tucson grew out of the dangers, opportunities and cultural crossings of the Old West. Today, that heritage shapes us without limiting who we are: a destination that hosts nearly 7 million visitors a year. Boasting an average 350 sunny days a year, Tucson's climate is ideal for both indoor and outdoor recreation, with winter temperatures reaching average highs of 64-75°F. Summer days are often hot with low humidity—great for indoor activities like museums, art galleries, and shopping or relaxing indoor or poolside at one of the area's world-famous spas or resorts. Cool mornings and evenings and long twilight hours throughout summer make for memorable cookouts, patio dining, and activities like hiking, horseback riding, golfing. Designated as the first UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy in the United States, Tucson is also known worldwide for its culinary traditions and an amazing assortment of restaurants, including those that comprise The Best 23 Miles of Mexican Food - without a doubt the premier destination for Mexican Food in the entire U.S. Tucson is home to the University of Arizona—established as Arizona's first university in 1885 and now a campus of more than 50,000 students and staff from around the world. Tucson also hosts many large annual events drawing participants and spectators from around the world, including The Tucson Gem, Mineral & Fossil Showcase, All Souls Procession, La Fiesta de los Vaqueros (Tucson Rodeo), Tucson Festival of Books, Tucson International Mariachi Conference, El Tour de Tucson road bike race, and Cologuard Classic, a Tucson PGA TOUR Champions Tour Event. This desert oasis is not only a premier vacation destination but also a great place to live, work, and play – Tucson is the Southwest at its best!
Benefits and Features
- Expected Salary range & compensation for well qualified Cardiothoracic Radiologist will range from $300,000.00 to $325,000.00, with consideration given to candidate's qualifications, credentials and experience; and may include up to $15,000 in Annual Performance Pay Bonus. Selected candidate may also be considered for award of a Recruitment and/or Relocation Incentive, based on facility funding availability and approval.
- The VA offers Physicians and all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance, security and satisfaction.
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 10 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME
- Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option
- Federal Retirement Plans thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching
About the VA
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
To Explore This Physician Opportunity Further
For information and consideration, please email your Cover Letter & Curriculum Vitae to: Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (702) 675-5761.