Seeking General Gastroenterologist for VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System in Las Vegas NV
The VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System (VASNHS), Las Vegas Nevada, is recruiting for a Board Certified (BC) General Gastroenterologist for inpatient / outpatient opportunity, responsible for full scope and range of general and advanced endoscopic procedures, including EGD, Colon, PEG Placement, ERCP, EUS, Motitlity, PH, Endocapsule, Ablation, and Stent Placement. Selected physician will join two other Gastroenterologists in expanding GI Clinic, Lab and Consultations to meet expanding care for growing veteran population in the Metropolitan Clark County and Las Vegas Community. The VASNHS is a comprehensive 90-bed inpatient facility with state-of-the-art medical and diagnostic services.
- Must be a Citizen of the United States
- Must be Board Certified in Gastroenterology (BE May Be Considered)
- Must have current unrestricted license to practice medicine/surgery in the U.S.
The Las Vegas Nevada community is well-known as “The Entertainment Capital of the World” where visitors and residents alike enjoy unlimited options for fine or frequent dining, live entertainment, college and professional level sporting events, concerts, plays, and musical performances for all ages, and of course Metropolitan City Life and Gaming. Nevada has no State Income Tax, low property taxes, and abundant, affordable planned communities. Less well known to visitors to the world-famous Las Vegas Strip is our beautiful planned residential communities with diverse new and current housing choices, numerous education options for the children, and communities perfect for raising a family. If you are an “outdoors” person, you will enjoy the expansive natural beauty of both our city and suburban parks, trails, hills, mountains, forests and desert scenery. Las Vegas Nevada Welcomes You!
Benefits and Features
- Expected Salary range for well qualified Gastroenterologist will range from $290,000.00 to $300,000.00, with consideration given to candidate's qualifications, credentials and experience; and may include up to $15,000 in Annual Performance Bonus
- The VA offers Physicians and all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance.
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 10 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME
- Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option
- Federal Retirement Plans thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching
About the VA
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
To Explore This Physician Opportunity Further
For information and consideration, please email your Cover Letter & Curriculum Vitae to: Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (702) 675-5761.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise – "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Since 1972, VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System (VASNHS) has been improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve their health care needs in any way we can. Services are available to more than 240,000 Veterans living in our catchment area. Within the sunny Las Vegas valley and surrounding areas, VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System (VASNHS) provides outpatient and inpatient health care services to more than 45,000 patients yearly, exceeding 450,000 outpatient visits per year. This comprehensive VA Medical Center is a 90-bed inpatient facility with state-of-the-art medical, diagnostic and surgical services. Other services provided by VASNHS include a 20-bed inpatient psychiatric treatment ward that opened on April 15, 2013. Several outpatient services are available at the Medical Center. Services provided by VASNHS continue to expand to meet the demands of the dynamic growth.
An exciting job opportunity awaits you at our new, state-of-the-art VA facility in the entertainment capital of the world – Fabulous Las Vegas! The VASNHS is comprised of a newly constructed 90 bed Medical Center, (4) Primary Care Clinics throughout the Las Vegas Valley, and Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) in Pahrump and Laughlin, Nevada. Las Vegas offers no state income tax, a variety of affordable housing options and well-planned residential communities, an international airport, world class dining & entertainment, outdoor recreation and 300 sunny days a year – outdoor recreation and activities include Lake Mead/Hoover Dam, Mt. Charleston/Red Rock Canyon, Death Valley/Valley of Fire – including fishing, hiking, backpacking, water sports, and acres of uninhabited desert landscape for off road enthusiasts to enjoy a nonstop playground. Check out our Las Vegas Community Guide at http://www.lasvegascommunityguide.com/ to learn more about our great City! Now is a great time to take your career to the next level in beautiful Las Vegas – Join Our VA Healthcare Team Today!