Inova Medical Group (IMG) Neurosurgery is a premier neurosurgical group practice serving the Northern Virginia, Washington, DC, and Maryland region. Our expert neurosurgeons offer services at nationally known Inova Fairfax Hospital and Inova Alexandria Hospital. Inova Fairfax Hospital is the DC metro area's top hospital as recognized by U.S. News and World Report.
Our neurosurgeons are fellowship-trained experts in diseases and conditions affecting the spine, vascular system and skull base, as well as offering world-class treatment for tumors, neurotrauma, epilepsy and movement disorders. Patients benefit from our integrated services and team approach. Our specialists collaborate with the entire healthcare team, including neurologists, orthopedists, radiologists, pain specialists, oncologists, and the primary care physician.
The Inova Spine Program is pleased to offer our valued patients world-class, compassionate care and treatment for back pain, neck injury, spinal cord trauma and more. As a key service of Inova Neuroscience and Spine Institute, Inova's spine expertise is unsurpassed in the mid-Atlantic region. The professionals with Inova Spine Program utilize Inova's extensive range of state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging tests and procedures to determine and type and extent of your back problem.
Physicians should have:
Elevated experience with 3-column work
Scoliosis and Major Deformity work
Passion for continued research (clinical and translational) and partnership with our fellows and residents
Completion of an appropriate residency program required; 3 years in the active practice of medicine preferred. Completion of Medical Doctorate required. Must hold current, active license to practice medicine in the State of Virginia; medical specialty license or certification preferred.
Leading-Edge Care, Close to Home
Inova’s flagship location is Inova Fairfax Medical Campus, a 923-bed medical center serving Northern Virginia, the Washington DC metro area and beyond. We consistently receive accolades for our high quality of patient care and safety in both national and regional rankings. Our campus includes Inova Fairfax Hospital, Inova Heart and Vascular Institute, Inova Schar Cancer Institute, Inova Children’s Hospital and Inova Women’s Hospital. The campus is also home to Northern Virginia's only Level 1 Trauma Center and offers organ transplant programs for Heart, Lung, Kidney and Pancreas.
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is an independent academic medical center and serves as a regional medical school campus. We also provide residency and fellowship training programs for physicians both independently and through multiple graduate medical education partnerships, and we partner with multiple schools of nursing and pharmacy.
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus at a Glance
- Home to Inova Women's Hospital, the only dedicated women’s hospital in Northern Virginia
- Home to Inova Children's Hospital, an award-winning 226-bed facility devoted to the care of infants, children and adolescents
- The flagship location of Inova Heart and Vascular Institute (IHVI), we have the region's only dedicated cardiac hospital, housing the most advanced technology and facilities focused on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of heart disease
- Inova Fairfax Hospital offers Northern Virginia’s only level 1 trauma center for treating the most critically injured patients
- Inova Fairfax Hospital has a robust organ transplantation program, including heart, lung, kidney, and pancreas transplant services
- Inova Fairfax Hospital is consistently recognized for excellence and innovation
- Inova Fairfax Hospital is a teaching facility, serving as a regional medical school campus hosting medical student rotations for VCU and has affiliations with the medical schools at UVA, Georgetown, and GWU
- Our campus is host to a range of graduate medical education programs including both residency programs and fellowships. In addition to six independent Inova training programs, we also partner with Georgetown, GWU, The National Capital Consortium (military program), VCU, Howard and NIH to provide training in a total of 19 specialty training areas
- Site of the VCU School of Medicine Inova Campus and the VCU School of Pharmacy Inova Campus
- We partner with eight nursing schools to provide training to students from George Mason, George Washington, Marymount, Shenandoah, Georgetown, Catholic and Stratford universities as well as Northern Virginia Community College
- We also have partnerships in place with seven schools of pharmacy including Butler, Howard, Notre Dame, Shenandoah, University of Pittsburgh, University of Maryland and the VCU School of Pharmacy
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider, recognized in 2019 by U.S. News & World Report which named Inova Fairfax Hospital the #1 hospital in the Washington, DC region. All five Inova hospitals were awarded 'A' grades for the spring 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades, recognizing Inova's achievements in protecting patients from harm and providing safer healthcare. Each of Inova’s five hospitals holds a 5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes. Inova is home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,800 licensed beds.
As the region’s leading not-for-profit healthcare provider, Inova brings its world-class healthcare, education, and wellness programming to area residents, regardless of their ability to pay. Our community benefit services amount to hundreds of millions of dollars each year. Inova provides community benefit through subsidized health services, free or discounted charity care, clinical programs for low-income residents, and investments in cutting edge research.
Our commitment is twofold: provide access to healthcare services to make people healthy, and provide education and services to help keep people healthy. Our preventative health and disease management programs focus on keeping our community healthy and out of the hospital.