Grounding Breaking Endocrinology Opportunity in the Beautiful, Southwest, VA Mountains
BalladHealth Medical Associates, a division of BalladHealth is seeking a qualified, board certified/board eligible Endocrinologists to join an exciting opportunity in starting Wise/Dickenson and Lee County, Virginia’s only endocrinology clinic. In addition to building this busy practice, physicians will be given the opportunity to participate on the faculty of nationally ranked Internal and Family Medicine Residency Programs. The practice will be set on the campus of BalladHealth’s Norton Community Hospital, a 129 bed facility that is only one of our 21 facilities.
Norton Community Hospital supports a wide range of health care services including surgery, OB/GYN, pulmonary and critical care, rehabilitation services and much more. We are proud to say Norton Community is recognized for its outstanding inpatient rehabilitation services, a black lung clinic and high-quality imaging technology. In 2016, NCH completed the $13.3 million HealthPlex expansion. The HealthPlex not only has amazing views of the beautiful Southwest, VA mountains; but is a 39,000-square foot facility that includes a wellness center, pharmacy with drive-thru services, occupational medicine, outpatient rehabilitation, cardiac/pulmonary rehab, primary and orthopedic physician offices. Norton Community Hospital is the largest healthcare facility in the coalfield region and provides a wide array of services through highly trained physicians and support staff.
- Be on the ground breaking opportunity of a much needed endocrinology clinic
- Serve as faculty to nationally recognized residency programs, helping to mold and train tomorrow’s physicians
- Service area includes a population of 75,000 to 100,000 in Southwest Virginia and Southeast Kentucky
- Stunning mountainous location
- Small town living, but with the convenience of an easy, light traffic commute to larger cities
- Regional, moderate sized airport within a short drive
- Home to The University of Virginia College at Wise and Mountain Empire Community College
- Safe, family friendly community
- Excellent public and private schools
- Very low cost of living
- Mild, beautiful weather with 4 very distinct seasons
- An abundance of outdoor activities (golfing, fishing, camping, biking, hiking and more)
Outdoor recreation is plentiful. Norton, VA is a progressive community that still embraces traditional values and is loved adjacent to the majestic Jefferson National Forest. Norton is located approximately 20 miles from the Kentucky line and only 45 miles from the Tennessee state line.
Norton Community Hospital in Norton, Virginia, is a not-for-profit, 129-bed, acute-care facility serving Southwest Virginia and Southeastern Kentucky since 1949.
As the largest healthcare facility in the coalfield region, Norton Community Hospital provides a wide array of services through highly trained physicians and support staff. Norton Community Hospital is a member of the Virginia Hospital and Healthcare Association.
Norton Community Hospital offers a full array of primary care and specialty services as well as several amenities that make us the hospital of choice for residents in our area. Our team approach to health care reflects our commitment to keeping our patients at the center of everything we do.
Better Breathers Club
- The Better Breathers Club is a support group for people with COPD, asthma, chronic bronchitis, lung cancer and other pulmonary diseases.
NCH Residency Program
Norton Community Hospital takes great pride in training young physicians for our rural, medically underserved area. This dedication has resulted in an increase in quality primary care for Southwest Virginia and the surrounding area and the growth of our institution. Norton Community Hospital offers the benefits of rural living with the opportunity to train in a modern and progressive hospital. Learn more about our residency program.
Our Services Include:
- Surgical Services: Our surgical suite offers state-of-the-art technology and minimally invasive procedures. This includes laparoscopic as well as hand-assisted laparoscopic procedures. Additional features include:
- Convenient covered drop-off and pick-up entrance exclusively for surgery patients
- Draeger-physiological monitoring
- High-definition video integration
- Ceiling-mounted equipment handlers
- BIS monitoring for patients undergoing general anesthesia
- Heart Care
- Cardiac Rehab
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Cardio Pulmonary
- Chest Pain Center
- Cancer Care
- Community Physicians Oncology Clinic, Oncology/Hematology Infusion Services
- Lung screenings
- Amputation and Rehabilitation Care
- Parkinson’s Disease Care
- Emergency Care
- Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation
- Respiratory Services
- Black Lung Clinic
- Family Birth Center
- FitOne Wellness Center
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Sleep Medicine
- Wound Care
- Home Health
- Community Home Care
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Laboratory Services
- Retail Pharmacy Onsite
- Prescription and OTC drugs
- Compounding services
Ballad Health is an integrated healthcare system serving 29 counties of Northeast Tennessee, Southwest Virginia, Northwest North Carolina and Southeast Kentucky. Our system was created to improve the health of the people we serve.
Ballad Health operates a family of 21 hospitals, including three tertiary medical centers, a dedicated children’s hospital, community hospitals, three critical access hospitals, a behavioral health hospital, an addiction treatment facility, long-term care facilities, home care and hospice services, retail pharmacies, outpatient services and a comprehensive medical management corporation.
At Ballad Health, we’re completely invested in our communities because we’re your neighbors, and this is our community, too. We’re here to listen to you and address your unique needs – and we’ll always be accountable.
Norton, Virginia Community Highlights:
- Small town living
- Centrally located office
- Easy, light traffic commutes to larger cities
- Moderately-sized airport within a short drive
- Safe, family friendly communities
- Excellent public and private schools
- Mild weather and 4 distinct seasons
- Incredible mountain vistas
- Abundant outdoor activities - hiking, kayaking, rafting, etc.