Advanced Practice Provider- Urgent Care- PRN
This position will work as needed
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
The Advanced Practice Provider is an advanced practice nurse or physician assistant prepared to deliver primary health care services to patients, families and groups emphasizing the promotion of health and prevention of disease. The scope of responsibilities includes collaborating and coordinating with physicians and other health professionals regarding clinical practice, education, consultation, research and program development.
(This list may not include all of the duties assigned)
2. Assesses and manages care for acute, minor, episodic illnesses and injuries.
3. Interviews and advises patient/families regarding health/illness prevention.
4. Performs follow up exams.
5. Provides assessment, evaluation, and management of clients with chronic stable illnesses.
6. Collaborates with client and family to determine physiologic, emotional, and environmental needs and priorities.
7. Provides case management services to assist clients and families with the arrangement for, or refer patients to needed services.
8. Manages client/family health concerns through telephone triage and consultation as needed.
9. Provides services, which may include the ordering of appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests, the prescription of pharmacological agents, and other nonpharmacological treatment modalities.
10. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information.
11. Performs patient callbacks, reports diagnostic findings, provides consultation.
12. Participates with physicians in review of patient's health records.
13. Participates in call coverage
1. Willingness to learn new roles within scope of practice.
2. Demonstrates ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
3. Demonstrate organizational skills that allow timely patient appointments and appropriate required follow up.
4. Presents a courteous and service oriented image through positive and helpful interaction with patients and families, physicians and co-workers.
5. Participates in NP/PA activities throughout PREVEA and community.
6. Participates in community activities.
1. Registered nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
2. Graduate of a master's level nurse practitioner program.
3. Certification through ANCC or ANA.
4. Certified in the State of Wisconsin as an Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber or certification eligible, obtaining certification at the first opportunity.
5. Maintains current CPR certification, ACLS certification desirable.
6. Experience requirements may vary.
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
Typical Working Conditions:
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a hospital and / or a clinic environment.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds as needed for patient transfer (with assistance or other staff). Sometimes has to wheelchair patients with a force of up to 70lbs. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds of supplies.
- Vision must be correctable to 20/30 and hearing must be in the normal range
- Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
- Requires exposure to communicable disease and bodily fluids.
- Requires working under stress in emergency situations.
Services offered (on site Urgent Care, Lab & Radiology) and;
- Cancer rehab program - (920) 272?3380
- Concussion clinic - (920) 272?3300
- Dermatology - (920) 272?3326
- Dry needling - (920) 282?3380
- Family medicine - (920) 496?4777 Schedule online now
- Hip & knee center - (920) 272?3300
- Occupational health – WorkMed - (920) 405?1420
- Orthopedic center - (920) 272?3300 Schedule online now
- Orthopedic trauma center - (920) 272?3300
- Pathology & lab - (920) 496?4700
- Pediatric orthopedics - (920) 272?3300 Schedule online now
- Shoulder center - (920) 272?3300 Schedule online now
- Sports medicine - (920) 272?3300 Schedule online now
- Therapy for edema - (920) 272?3380
- Therapy for orthopedics - (920) 272?3380
- Therapy for sports medicine - (920) 272?3380
- Therapy institute - (920) 272?3380
- Urgent care - (920) 496?4700
- X-ray - (920) 496?4700