Expanding Pediatric Neurology Program
With Exciting Opportunities:
Section of Pediatric Neurology
The Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital
Hackensack University Medical Center
Join our dynamic Program… a comprehensive Pediatric Neurology Program located just minutes from New York City
We are part of a fully staffed Department of Pediatrics, with all sub-specialties represented, working within a Children’s Hospital. You can live and work in beautiful northern NJ, and enjoy all of the cultural, culinary, sports, and other amenities available here and in New York City (20 minute drive from our hospital).
BC/BE Sub-specialty training or expertise preferred but not required.
Our Practice sees the full spectrum of Pediatric Neurologic diseases
- Fully integrated with the Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Program, which includes a Neurofibromatosis Program and Tuberous Sclerosis Program
- Work closely with the Epilepsy Program and Pediatric Neurosurgery Program
- 2 MRIs on-site (one is a 3-T magnet), with 8 Neuro-Radiologists
- Fully staffed Genetics and Developmental Pediatrics Programs
- Work closely with our Neurosurgical colleagues and their Nurse Practitioner for management of spasticity patients, including Baclofen Pumps
Everything you could want and everything your patients could need is right here at our Children’s Hospital
- Pediatric Emergency Room with 17 beds staffed by Pediatric ER MDs
- 6 bed Pediatric Day Unit adjacent to the ER
- 6 bed Epilepsy Monitoring Unit adjacent to our 15 bed PICU
- 40 bed NICU (with a Fellowship Program) and 10 Transitional Nursery beds
- 16 Hematology-Oncology Inpatient beds
- 28 General Pediatric Inpatient beds with ample “overflow” beds available
- 4 dedicated and fully equipped Pediatric ORs (including Neurosurgical Stealth Systems)
- Work with Medical Students from Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall
and St. Georges Medical School
- Ample opportunities for undergraduate teaching and Clinical Research
- Pediatric residency program provides opportunities for graduate education
- Hackensack Meridian Health offers competitive compensation, relocation assistance, a robust benefits package, 403B savings plan, medical malpractice insurance
Hackensack Meridian Health is a leading not-for profit health care network in New Jersey offering a complete range of medical services, innovative research, and life-enhancing care aiming to serve as a national model for changing and simplifying health care delivery through partnerships with innovative companies and focusing on quality and safety.
Submit your CV for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol A. Petite, B.S., M.T., AASPR
Founded in 1888 with just 12 beds, Hackensack University Medical Center was Bergen County's first hospital. As we continue to grow and flourish, this nonprofit, teaching and research hospital has grown to become the largest provider of inpatient and outpatient services in New Jersey. Not only have we added 763 more beds to our facilities, we’re now Bergen County’s hub of healthcare for the Northern New Jersey and New York metropolitan areas.
HackensackUMC enjoys numerous clinical, research and academic affiliations with world-renowned partners. HackensackUMC is one of Bergen County’s largest employers with a work force of over 7,600 employees. The more than 1,600 physicians and dentists on the medical and dental staff represent the full spectrum of specialties and subspecialties and are international leaders in healthcare.
Hackensack Meridian Health is a leading not-for-profit health care organization that is the most comprehensive and truly integrated health care network in New Jersey, offering a complete range of medical services, innovative research and life-enhancing care. Hackensack Meridian Health comprises 13 hospitals, including two academic medical centers, two children’s hospitals and nine community hospitals, physician practices, more than 120 ambulatory care centers, surgery centers, home health services, long-term care and assisted living communities, ambulance services, lifesaving air medical transportation, fitness and wellness centers, rehabilitation centers, and urgent care and after-hours centers. Hackensack Meridian Health has 28,000 team members, more than 6,000 physicians and is a distinguished leader in health care philanthropy, committed to the health and well-being of the communities it serves.
The Network’s notable distinctions include having one of only five major academic medical centers in the nation to receive Healthgrades America’s 50 Best Hospitals Award for five or more consecutive years, the number one hospital in New Jersey as ranked by U.S. News and World Report, consistently achieving Magnet® recognition for nursing excellence from the American Nurses Credentialing Center, recipient of the John M. Eisenberg Award for Patient Safety and Quality from The Joint Commission and the National Quality Forum, a six-time recipient of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” one of the “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care” in the nation, and the number one “Best Place to Work for Women.” Hackensack Meridian Health is a member of AllSpire Health Partners, an interstate consortium of leading health systems, to focus on the sharing of best practices in clinical care and achieving efficiencies.
The hospitals of Hackensack Meridian Health include: academic medical centers - HackensackUMC in Hackensack, Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune; children’s hospitals - Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital in Hackensack, K. Hovnanian Children’s Hospital in Neptune; community hospitals -Ocean Medical Center in Brick, Riverview Medical Center in Red Bank, HackensackUMC Mountainside in Montclair, Palisades Medical Center in North Bergen, Raritan Bay Medical Center in Perth Amboy, Southern Ocean Medical Center in Manahawkin, Bayshore Community Hospital in Holmdel, Raritan Bay Medical Center in Old Bridge, and HackensackUMC at Pascack Valley in Westwood.