ICC (Intensive Care Consortium) Healthcare has joined HCA, one of the nation’s largest healthcare networks, to change the way critical care medicine is practiced. Our patient-focused, evidence-based solutions improve quality, efficiency and outcomes in the lives of the critically ill patients we serve. We are looking for BC/BE Cardiac Critical Care trained physicians to join us in our mission to make a difference in the care of every patient every day at
Osceola Regional Medical Center in the greater Orlando, FL area.
Opportunity Specifics –Osceola Regional Medical Center Cardiovascular Critical Care Unit
• Day Shift only with in-house General Intensivist and APP support at night; no call
• 12 hour shifts: 7 am – 7 pm
• 15 shifts per month in 3-5 day blocks; 2 weekends a month
• Teaching opportunity with ACGME accredited residency and fellowships programs and faculty appointment with UCF
• 20-bed CVICU with average daily census of 10-12; backup support from daytime Intensivist
Duties & Responsibilities
• Position will handle any Cardiac and thoracic patients enrolled in collaborative care model in the unit as part of their daily patient census.
• Will be responsible for building a trusting relationship with the thoracic and cardiovascular surgical and cardiology service line, and work as a vital member of the multidisciplinary care team.
• Will need to have basic echocardiography skills, be comfortable with the interpretation of invasive and non-invasive hemodynamic monitoring systems, and comfortable with the PA catheter insertion and chest tube insertion.
• Experience monitoring both VA and VV ECMO is advantageous
Osceola Regional Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited 404-bed hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County, Florida. Osceola Regional is conveniently and centrally located in Heart of Kissimmee only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana.
Completed in April 1997 with over $125 million in expansions, Osceola Regional Medical Center is designed to be patient friendly that blends comprehensive state-of-the-art medical technology with the highest level of comfort and convenience possible for patients and visitors.
About ICC Healthcare
• ICC Healthcare employees over 350 providers in 40 programs with 6-8 new programs opening each year.
• Last year, our providers had over 150,000 patient encounters nationwide.
• We are part of the HCA system of care. HCA owns and operates over 185 facilities in 20 states providing services to over 26 million patients annually.
The ICC Difference
• The success of the ICC intensivist program relies on strong team building strategies within the ICU, the hardwiring of best practice evidence base protocols and streamlining the delivery of hospital wide critical care services.
• Our physicians have the ability to impact change on a national scale through our association with HCA.
• We believe work/life balance is an important and strive to help providers maintain this balance.
• We are a physician driven company that values physician input and experience.
• Opportunities are available to participate in GME through HCA’s commitment to residency and fellowship programs.
• Our partnership with HCA provides access to data on a large scale and allows us to test and implement new models of care and management for the best interest of our patients and physicians.
What We Offer
• Competitive compensation with an excellent benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, stock options, 401k with company match, disability, Paid Time off, CME allowance and days, and more.
• Professional development program with leadership training and mentoring.
• Appropriate staffing models and flexible scheduling.
• Occurrence based malpractice insurance.
• Expert practice management including privileging, provider enrollment, and billing and collections.
• PRN, part-time, fulltime, locum tenens and travel opportunities.
• Unmatched growth and leadership opportunities.
Community Information – Orlando, FL
Before Walt Disney World came to the area in the 1970’s, Orlando was a sleepy town with an economy based on citrus and cattle. Starting with the clandestine 1965 purchase of forty-three square miles of farmland southwest of the city and the opening of Walt Disney World in 1971, the city has become a major tourist destination and entertainment center. It is so much a tourist attraction, and known so well for its tourist venues, that evaluating it as a place to live is a challenge.
A variety of activities and attractions have been built around the Disney complex, and in areas nearby (mostly south of town). The area plays host to some 50 million tourists each year, and has also developed a convention industry second only to Las Vegas. The good news is that most of the tourist activity is confined to the that south and southwestern portion of the city. Kissimmee is part of this explosion
Osceola Regional Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited 404-bed level II trauma hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County. The hospital features all private patient rooms and is recognized for its compassionate care, cutting edge technology, modern facilities and dedicated medical staff.
Certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and accredited as a Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention by the Society of Chest Pain Centers are only a few of the recognitions and accomplishments Osceola Regional Medical Center has achieved. In addition, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level 2 for premature and ill newborns is the only NICU offered to the little ones in Osceola County.
Osceola Regional Medical Center’s top program of innovation and expertise revolves around our Central Florida Cardiac and Vascular Institute, the premier open heart and vascular surgery program in Central Florida. In addition, Osceola Regional Medical Center is home to numerous GME residency/fellowship programs, in partnership with University of Central Florida, to be a leader in training the physicians of tomorrow to strengthen Osceola's medical community.
Providing the highest quality of care and commitment to our patients is proven by the wide variety of accessible services, highly trained healthcare professionals, well respected and skilled medical staff with the most advanced technology available today – all within one medical facility. Osceola Regional Medical Center is the preferred hospital in the community.