Program Director, Family Medicine Rural Residency Program
Our colleagues are Amazing! Every day!
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN), serving seven counties in Eastern Pennsylvania, is seeking an experienced family medicine program director to develop a new rural family medicine residency program in Pottsville, Pennsylvania.
- The Program Director, with support and collaboration from the Department of Family Medicine leadership team, will initially be responsible for creating the application for ACGME accreditation.
- The program will be an unopposed, 4-4-4 residency with full-spectrum family medicine education focused on treating underserved populations, including a growing Latino population in the region.
- LVHN is the recipient of a HRSA grant that will cover the program start-up costs.
- The Program Director will be responsible for providing leadership, mentorship, education and administrative oversight to residents and faculty in the program.
- Will assist in recruiting family medicine faculty, partner with specialists to develop the necessary rotations and have direct involvement in patient care.
- The Program Director is a member of the Department of Family Medicine educational leadership team and has accountability for the overall success of the program and the quality of the didactic and clinical education provided.
- The qualified candidate will be Board Certified in Family Medicine
- Possess an unrestricted medical license in Pennsylvania, or the ability to obtain one
- Minimum of five years of clinical experience in family medicine
- Two years of experience as a core faculty member in an ACGME or AOA accredited family medicine residency program.
Benefits & Perks:
- Starting Bonus
- Highly competitive compensation
- Great benefits package
- Low-cost health insurance for employees and their families
- Generous CME allowance and time
- Top-tier retirement programs
- Educational Stipend and Loan Forgiveness Assistance Program
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Relocation Assistance
The Schuylkill Campus is a 196 bed general, acute care, and not-for-profit community hospital supporting the healthcare needs of Schuylkill County. Schuylkill Campus offers extensive services including Emergency Department, OB/GYN, Cardiology, Psychiatry, Surgical Suites, and more.
Pottsville is nestled in adventurous Schuylkill County in Eastern Pennsylvania! Schuylkill County is the perfect place for an outdoor enthusiasts dream! Enjoy all the activities such as biking, kayaking, swimming, running, and water sports! Hike the famous Appalachian Trail, play a round of golf at the country club, or visit America’s Oldest Brewery there is something for everyone in Schuylkill County! Commutable distance from the Allentown and Reading area. Philadelphia, NYC, and Washington D.C. are easy day trips from the Pottsville area as well! All while being home to one of the finest healthcare networks in the nation! To learn more about Schuylkill County please visit http://schuylkill.org/.