Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Saint Joseph’s Medical Center, founded by the Sisters of Charity of New York, has served the City of Yonkers since 1888. They are accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, American Associate of Blood Banks, and the College of American Pathologists. Saint Joseph's has also received the Get With the Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award.
- 194-bed (inpatient acute care), community, Catholic hospital - teaching affiliation with NY Medical Colleague FM program
- Team of 7 physicians and 1 advanced practitioner
- No call environment
- Hospitalist team run codes
- 6-bed, co-managed ICU
- BC/BE IM with 1+ years of experience or FM with substantial hospitalist experience
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
Yonkers is located in Southern Westchester and shares a border with the Bronx. You have the opportunity to live in the suburbs of Westchester County with easy access to New York City or Northern Westchester County. Yonkers offers affordable to pricier neighborhoods, including hilltop condos overlooking the water! Diverse quiet neighborhoods, parks, private schools, golf courses, shopping, dining and more. There are plenty of activities for singles as well as families.