Physician - Pediatrics
Community Howard Regional Health seeks an enthusiastic BE/BC Pediatrician to join an established, collegial practice in Kokomo, Indiana. Located on the campus of Community Howard Regional Hospital, it offers convenient access to both the hospital and many ancillary services. Ideal candidates will have a passion for caring for children and adolescents, possess excellent communication skills, and desire to work as part of a team.
This opportunity offers:
· Well-established practice of 7 highly-experienced providers (5 physicians/2 pediatric nurse practitioners) with a continuously growing patient panel
· High volume of newborns and sports medicine patients
· Competitive salary and benefits package, as well as generous incentives
· Ability to practice in a welcoming, close-knit community while having the support of a larger network
· Opportunity to practice both outpatient and inpatient medicine (1:6 rotation as pediatric hospitalist)
Facility & Network Highlights:
· Tertiary care center for growing ten-hospital network
· Physician-led organization that promotes and supports physician leadership
· Multi-disciplinary physician group of 1000+ providers
· One of the largest primary care networks in the state
· Fully-integrated EMR system (EPIC)
Licensure & Certification
BE/BC in Pediatrics and eligible for medical licensure in Indiana.
Community Howard Regional Health’s service area is home to 250,000 people. The area has a rich history and diverse culture, with strong healthcare and educational communities. Located within an hour of Indianapolis, the city of Kokomo is the heart of Community Howard Regional’s service area and offers its residents the best of all worlds: excellent schools, churches, recreational activities and family-oriented cultural events.
Community Howard Regional Health is a part of Community Health Network - a network of 9 central Indiana area hospitals and Community Surgery Centers. Known for our partnerships, we are ranked among the top 40 integrated healthcare networks in the nation.
Ranked among the nation’s most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is guided by a simple mission: “Deeply committed to the communities we serve, we enhance health and well-being.” Our organization’s values are represented by the acronym PRIIDE: Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovations, Dedication, and Excellence. These values drive the work we do every day and the attitude we bring to every task. Our provider work force ranks #1 in physician satisfaction scores as measured by NCDR. Referral base: over 300 primary care providers, 11 counties, 625,000 unique patients served in 2017.
Kokomo is located fifty miles north of Indianapolis, easily reached by U.S. 31. Kokomo is known as the City of Firsts thanks to its world-renowned automotive heritage and history of technological inventions, which includes America's First Car designed by Elwood Haynes in 1894. Kokomo's historic downtown offers a wide variety of interesting attractions, which include family friendly parks, the Wildcat Creek Walk of Excellence and Industrial Heritage Trail walking and biking trails, intercity bikeways, and farmers' market.