General Surgery Opportunity - Beautiful State of Maine
Northern Light Sebasticook Valley Hospital in Pittsfield, Maine is seeking a BC/BE General Surgeon to join an established service-oriented, hospital-employed general surgery practice.
- Bread and butter general surgery required, such as: Ventral, umbilical, inguinal hernias (open and or laparoscopic), appendectomy, cholecystectomy, hemicolectomy, colectomy, splenectomy (rarely done), laceration repair, central line placement
- Breast care required—lumpectomy, US guided biopsy, mastectomy (reconstruction not required)
- Upper and lower endoscopy are required; this can be upwards of 40% percent of practice
- Call would be 1:3 but with two surgeons, extra pay is offered for the 1:2 call.
- Pay is within the MGMA guidelines between the 50-75%
- Typically Surgeon is in surgery one day, endoscopy another, patients in office other days. Time is allotted for patient rounding in the hospital. There is good flexibility in surgical schedule for add on cases.
- Endoscopy is 100% a must have skill, ability and willingness to do. (Large percentage of service)
- Minimal trauma due; resources are Life Flight to Bangor
- Anesthesiology and CRNA support
- Hospitalist service
- Full radiology service
Why Northern Light Health?
- Robust compensation and benefits package
- Student Loan Reimbursement Programs
- Relocation Bonus
- Sign on Bonus
- Flexible schedules and exceptional work/life balance
- Generous PTO benefits
- Leadership and teaching opportunities, if desired
Northern Light Sebasticook Valley Hospital is a progressive, Joint Commission accredited, 25-bed Critical Access Hospital (CAH) in Pittsfield, Maine that serves an area encompassing 40,000 people throughout the central region. We come to work every day committed to improving healthcare for our patients. Northern Light Sebasticook Valley Hospital offers a wide range of both inpatient and outpatient services, including a Surgical Unit, Medical-Surgical and Special Care Unit, Swing Bed Unit, Women’s Health Center, Rehabilitation centers, primary and walk-in-care medical offices in three locations and more than twenty specialty services.
Physicians enjoy the quality of life that is available in a community-centered rural hospital in an idyllic setting. Northern Light Sebasticook Valley Health has access to tertiary specialty services through a “one call” transfer system and is also served by Lifeflight of Maine, an emergency medical air transport service with a helicopter and fixed-wing aircraft. Northern Light Sebasticook Valley Hospital is a member of Northern Light Health, an integrated statewide health delivery system that is raising the bar with no-nonsense solutions that are leading the way to a healthier future for our state. Northern Light Health offers a broad range of providers and services, including nine hospitals, primary care and specialty physician practices, long-term care, home health and hospice agencies, and emergency ground and air transport.