Experienced General Surgeon Wanted - Beautiful State of Maine
Northern Light Inland Hospital in Waterville, Maine is seeking an experienced General Surgeon to join our team!
- Bread and butter general surgery required, such as: Ventral, umbilical, inguinal hernias (open and or laparoscopic), appendectomy, cholecystectomy, hemicolectomy, colectomy, splenectomy (rarely done), laceration repair, central line placement.
- Breast care required—lumpectomy, US guided biopsy, mastectomy (reconstruction not required)
- Upper and lower endoscopy are required; this can be upwards of 40% percent of practice
- Call would be 1:3 but with two surgeons, extra pay is offered for the 1:2 call.
- Pay is within the MGMA guidelines between the 50-75%
- Typically Surgeon is in surgery one day, endoscopy another, patients in office other days. Time is allotted for patient rounding in the hospital. There is good flexibility in surgical schedule for add on cases.
- Endoscopy is 100% a must have skill, ability and willingness to do. (Large percentage of service)
- Minimal trauma due; resources are Life Flight to Bangor
- Anesthesiology and CRNA support
Why Northern Light Health?
- Robust compensation and benefits package
- Student Loan Reimbursement Programs
- Relocation Bonus
- Sign on Bonus
- Flexible schedules and exceptional work/life balance
- Generous PTO benefits
- Leadership and teaching opportunities, if desired
Northern Light Inland Hospital is a dynamic healthcare organization with a 48-bed community hospital and a 105-bed continuing care center on the hospital campus in downtown Waterville, Maine. Our dedicated staff is committed to rolling up our sleeves to make healthcare better for the people we serve. Northern Light Inland Hospital is a member of Northern Light Health, an integrated statewide health delivery system that is raising the bar with no-nonsense solutions that are leading the way to a healthier future for our state. Northern Light Health offers a broad range of providers and services, including nine hospitals, primary care and specialty physician practices, long-term care, home health and hospice agencies, and emergency ground and air transport.
Waterville, Maine is a small college town, and surrounding communities have easy access to the mountains as well as Maine’s breathtaking ocean shore. Bangor, Maine’s third largest city, is less than one hour away. Waterville also serves as the gateway to Maine’s capital region, with Augusta only a short drive on I-95. If you are seeking a more balanced lifestyle, in an environment with beautiful country living yet with all close amenities and a variety of cultural and recreational options, you will want to explore this opportunity. There is year-around recreation that includes hiking, biking, fishing, hunting, boating, skiing, golf, and more. Enjoy the best of both worlds- practicing at a smaller community hospital in a comfortable environment while having the support of a large medical center.