ThedaCare is committed to expanding psychiatric care to the communities. As part of this ongoing effort, ThedaCare wishes to add a Psychiatrist specialized and focused on the growing needs of our geriatric population. The ideal candidate will be board certified Geriatric Psychiatrist or General Psychiatry (with experience and comfortable working with older adult populations). The Geriatric Psychiatrist will be joining our team of four Outpatient Adult Psychiatrist, four Adult Psychiatric Hospitalists, two Nurse Practitioners, and over 50 outpatient clinicians and counselors.
This will be a unique opportunity to build Geriatric Psychiatry within a growing and established healthcare system! Additionally, this position will provide both outpatient services and services within ThedaCare’s Senior Living Residences and Skilled Nursing Facility, as well as consultation to other providers within the system.
More details regarding this exciting position:
- Work within ThedaCare Behavioral Health's Adult Psychiatry program
- Perform psychiatric evaluations, follow up care, and medication management
- Assist in community outreach efforts;
- Provide consultations at hospitals, assisted living homes, and otherwise as needed;
- See patients 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Limited call (2 weeknights per month)
- No weekend call
- Adult psychiatrists may perform ECT
Income Details: Excellent starting salary with potential income in the 75th percentile of psychiatrists nation wide.
- Incentive Pay: Base Pay +Value-Based Incentive and Accurate Coding and Documentation Incentive
- Signing Bonus: Yes
- Relocation Paid: up to $10,000
- Vacation: 35 days of vacation
- CME: $4,500/year
- Other Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision/Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Malpractice, Tail Coverage & WI Patient Compensation Fund, Licensing/Board Fees and 403b 457b Retirement Plans
ThedaCare operates multiple senior living residences for our community to meet the range in needs of our aging population.
- The Heritage
- Independent Living and Assisted Living Facility
- Located in Appleton, WI
- Peabody Manor
- Skilled Nursing Care
- Located in Appleton, WI
- Juliette Manor
- Skilled Nursing Care
- Located in Berlin, WI
For more information on our Senior Living Residences, please visit: https://www.thedacare.org/Home-Care-and-Senior-Living/Senior-Living-Residences.aspx
- Recovery Services (Substance Abuse)-Adult
- Mental Health Day Treatment-Adult
- Outpatient Mental Health-Adult
- Strong collaboration and integration with primary care
- Thomas Beld, MD: Medical School: University of Louisville School of Medicine; Kentucky- Psychiatry; Residency: Mayo Clinic; Rochester, Minnesota
- Yong Li, MD: Medical School: Shanghai Medical University -China- Psychiatry; Residency: University of Chicago Hospitals - Illinois
- Matthew Bayer, MD: Medical School: University of Wisconsin - Psychiatry; Residency: University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics
- George Manatt, MD: Medical School: University of Illinois College of Medicine; Residency: Barnes Jewish Hospital
- Kimberly Hoenecke, MD: Medical School: Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine; Residency: University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics - Madison
- Michael Panzer, MD: Medical School: UW Wisconsin Medical School- Psychiatry; Residency: University of Michigan
- Shamim Anwar, MD: Medical School: Sindh Medical College; Residency and Fellowship: New York Medical College, New York City
- Paul Burney, MD: Medical School: Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences- Psychiatry; Residency: Eisenhower Army Medical Center- Augusta, GA
- Stephanie Hall, PMHNP, APNP: University of Wisconsin- Madison
- Tammy Flynn, PMHNP, APNP: Aspen University
The Fox Cities of Wisconsin includes Appleton, Neenah, and Menasha, and is comprised of a total of 18 unique communities positioned along the scenic Fox River and Lake Winnebago. This area offers the charm, safety, and convenience of small town life, with the diversity and vitality of a metropolitan area.
The Fox Valley is the proud home of notable school systems, colleges, and is known across Wisconsin as THE place for shopping. Downtown Appleton, the Fox River Mall and many other retail destinations are a draw for shoppers from all over Wisconsin and beyond. In addition, the region features vibrant cultural venues, a year-round calendar of exciting events, one-of-a-kind museums and fantastic outdoor recreation.
The Fox Valley is a community where live music, art, and creativity thrives. There are many events throughout the year to partake in, such as Mile of Music, Octoberfest, night markets, marathons, Art on the Town, summer concerts, outdoor movies, parades, weekly Farmer's Market events, and more.
Appleton International Airport located in Appleton, and Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay offer modern facilities and convenient access to all the Midwest hubs. A few additional airport hubs in the region are Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee, General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, and Dane County Regional Airport in Madison.
Modern, interstate highway systems provide quick, easy access to larger metropolitan areas:
- Distance to Green Bay: 30 miles
- Distance to Milwaukee: 107 miles
- Distance to Madison: 106 miles
- Distance to Chicago, IL: 197 miles
- Distance to Minneapolis, MN: 285 miles
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services.
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton, 147 Bed Acute Care
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with about 6,800 employees.
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
ThedaCare is the first healthcare system in Wisconsin to be selected as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.