Associate Program Director - Family Medicine in California
- Appointment as Associate Program Director of the Kaweah Delta Family Medicine Residency Program
- Join a cohesive physician partnership – the Kaweah Delta Faculty Medical Group – which consists of only teaching family medicine physicians
- Provide direct support to the Program Director by assisting with administrative functions, supervising residents and medical students, scholarly activities and assisting with faculty development
- Help shape the future of primary care in a medically under-served area
- Provide leadership and guidance to a program that produces excellent and compassionate physicians for our community
- Assist in the interview and selection process and performance evaluations for residents and faculty
- Partner closely with Medical Staff and hospital staff to ensure effective integration within the organization
- Ensure the residents and faculty have tools to promote and practice self-wellness
- Ensure program adherence to ACGME requirements
- 5-weeks paid time off, 4-weeks - vacation, 1-week- CME
- Stipend for health insurance
- Malpractice insurance provided; includes Pediatrics and OB/GYN
- Faculty or program leadership experience
- CA Medical License
- ABFM or ABOFM Board Certified/Board Eligible
Kaweah Delta Faculty Medical Group is a cohesive physician partnership located in Central California focused on teaching Kaweah Delta family medicine resident physicians. Kaweah Delta Health Care District was granted institutional accreditation by the ACGME in July 2011. Six residency programs were since accredited – Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Psychiatry, Surgery, Transitional Year, and Anesthesia - and have all welcomed residents to the community. The Family Medicine Residency is now at full complement as a 7-7-7 program. We opened our Family Medicine Center, adjacent to the hospital, in the fall of 2014, and they continue to actively care for patients throughout Tulare County. You will enjoy working with a team of outstanding physicians in the field of Family Medicine. You will become equipped to practice anywhere, anytime and with anyone. Our Family Medicine faculty is joined by enthusiastic specialists in Emergency Medicine, Psychiatry, General Surgery, OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine and its subspecialties.
KAWEAH DELTA is the largest hospital in Tulare County and the only hospital in Visalia. We offer a variety of services including comprehensive cardiac care, open heart surgery, neurosurgery, minimally invasive operations, and more.
- Service area covers Tulare and Kings counties – 600k+ population
- 581-Beds; Level III Trauma Center and Stroke Center
- 5k deliveries annually; Valley Children’s provides NICU and Pediatric inpatient coverage
- 95k+ ED visits annually; ED expansion in progress, 40-beds to 74-beds
- Opportunity to care for a large underserved population
- Healthgrades 50 Best Cardiac Programs in America 2017-2020
- Healthgrades 2020 America’s 250 Best Hospitals
- Affiliated with Cleveland Clinic Heart and Vascular Institute
Visalia, CA is located in the heart of the Central Valley and is referred to as the Gateway to the Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Conveniently located between San Francisco and Los Angeles, Visalia is known for its rich agriculture, delicious dining, and its warm and welcoming small town charm. Visalia offers the unique combination of affordable housing, easy commute to work, a family friendly community and economic opportunity.
There are an average of 275 sunny days per year in Visalia! In the summer, temperatures range from the upper 90's during the daytime and drop to the low 80's in the evening. Our winter climate is mild. The average temperature in the early mornings and evenings is in the low 40's and during the daytime in the upper 50's.
In addition to our central location and California weather, there are also a wide-array of activities locally that you'll have easy access to enjoy. There are several lakes, two major rivers and reservoirs for fishing and boating. Three major ski resorts also are nearby, offering some of California's best downhill and cross-country skiing.
For more information about Visalia, please visit the links below.