Pediatric Hospitalist Opportunity:
- Due to growth, Pottstown Hospital is seeking a pediatric hospitalist to join our team full-time!
- Rounding on all newborns in the level 1 Nursery/Special Care Nursery, about 500 deliveries per year, caring for newborns 35 weeks and up
- Coverage for deliveries of newborns including all c-sections and any other high risk delivery when requested by OB
- Stabilization of any newborn requiring transfer to the NICU (Neonatologist available for emergent consultation about 30 minutes away)
- Pediatric consultation coverage in the Emergency Department which sees about 8000 pediatric patients annually
- Opportunity to spend a portion of your time in the affiliated outpatient office, if desired
- An extremely supportive administration that is providing the resources to grow the service
- Group of collegial and well-trained Pediatricians throughout the community
- A comprehensive benefits package which includes an excellent base salary plus incentive, malpractice, health, life, dental, disability, and a retirement program
- H1B Visa & Green Card Support(*does not qualify for J-1 waiver)
- Strong growth potential
7 on 7 off Schedule
Mondays: 7a-4p in house, 4p-7a home call
Tuesday: 7a-4p in house, 4p-8p short call
Wednesday: 7a-4p in house, 4p-8p short call
Thursday: 7a-4p in house, 4p-7a home call
Friday: 7a-4p in house, 4p-7a home call
Saturday-Sunday: come in each morning to round on the babies, remaining time through 7a monday home call
Experience: The ideal candidate is BC/BE in pediatrics; recent pediatric hospitalist experience with recent delivery room experience.
REQUIRED; current skills in spinal taps, arterial punctures, intubation, umbilical line placement and resuscitation; PALS and NRP certification required as well as active Pennsylvania physician license and DEA.