Neurology Opportunity at Phoenixville Hospital
Phoenixville Hospital is your community healthcare provider; a 139-bed facility with an award-winning cardiovascular program, a fully-accredited cancer center, and the area's largest Robotic Surgery Center. We believe in the power of people to create great care. We provide comprehensive medical services through approximately 25,000 emergency room visits, 8,200 inpatient admissions, and more than 500 community outreach programs annually. And we work hard every day to be a place of healing, caring and connection for patients and families in the community we call home.
Due to extensive growth and community need, Phoenixville Hospital is seeking two General Neurologists to joing our Neurology Group. Ability to have privileges at both Pottstown and Phoenixville Hospitals. Outpatient practice will be located in Limerick, PA.
Tower Health Medical Group (THMG)
Title: General Physician
Entity: Tower Health Medical Group (THMG)
Under indirect supervision, provides and manages direct health care for a specific patient population.
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for a specified patient population.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Trains and supervises medical students and residents engaged in specialty activities and procedures, as appropriate.
- May manage the daily operations of a specific medical program, patient care unit, or research function.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Medical doctor with 3 to 5 years of directly related experience which may include residency in a directly related medical specialty.
- Federal DEA Certification; Medical Specialty License of Certification; Board certified or Board Eligible in Specified Area of Medical Specialty; must be a member in good standing of the Phoenixville and Pottstown Medical Staff and THMG.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care.
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of community medical diagnostic and patient care services in area of medical expertise.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to supervise, advice, and train clinical professionals and/or students in area of expertise.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination/medical history check.
- CPR Certified
- Pre-employment background investigation may be required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Individuals must be able to meet established specific physical requirements of the job including sitting at a desk or meeting table, reaching, lifting, pulling, bending, stooping, twisting, standing, walking, etc.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training
- Board certification and/or eligibility in Neurology
- Pennsylvania licensure or willingness to obtain
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team based environment
- Willingness to participate in teaching, lectures and resident sessions