Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist
Child PSYCHIATRIST Opportunity in Coastal Virginia!
Bon Secours Medical Group a physician –led multi-specialty group in Hampton Roads, Virginia is currently recruiting for a BC/BE Child Psychiatrist to join their existing practice at Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center. Candidate should have a primary interest in an inpatient setting to treat children. New graduates are welcome.
- Hours (8am-4pm) Monday – Friday
- Call Schedule 1-4 (Weekday calls start at 5pm)
- Additional compensation available for weekend moonlighting
- Rounding in Behavior Health Unit, (42 adult beds)
- Responsible for Hospital Consults
- Number of patients per day average is (13 -15)
- Treatment of Children
- Community Services Board on site.
- Crisis Intervention Team on site.
- Provider’s Team consists of social worker, charge nurse, clinical coordinator, nurse manager, Occupational and Art Therapist’s.
Benefits & Compensation:
- Private Office in the hospital
- Compensation is salaried starting at $230k, for new graduates
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Relocation assistance
- Sign – on Bonus
- Comprehensive medical dental and vision coverage for physician and their families.
- Annual $7500 continuing medical education for conferences, dues, licensure and journal expenses. Plus additional 10 days of CME.
- Professional development opportunities
The Hampton Roads area of Coastal Virginia offers a beautiful city of over one million that most would consider a cultural hot spot with a bustling, artsy urban downtown and affordable upscale suburbs with top public schools and safe neighborhoods. Known as “One of the Nation’s Top 20 places to educate your child” – Forbes magazine. Hampton Roads is 45 minutes south of historical Williamsburg, 4 hours south of D.C. and 1 hour north of the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
Overall, a great opportunity to live in the affluent suburbs of a lively, affordable city in Virginia while also caring for high-need patient population and earning a top income among physicians in your specialty nationwide.
Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center in Portsmouth, Virginia is the flagship hospital for Bon Secours Hampton Roads and serves as a regional referral center to the Hampton Roads region. The facility is home to many of the region's leading health care services and attracts specialists from the best programs in the country. Bon Secours Health Center at Harbour View, an ambulatory surgery center with an outstanding array of outpatient health care services, operates as a department of Bon Secours Maryview.
Patients can expect leading-edge technology including high-quality imaging services, da Vinci surgical equipment and electronic medical records that help patients transition from hospital care to rehabilitation to primary care. Bon Secours Maryview staff focuses on high quality customer service, and the facility provides many private patient rooms.
Bon Secours Maryview is part of the Bon Secours Virginia Health System, which allows the hospital to tap into a large network of resources. As a Catholic health system, Bon Secours is committed to caring for the community it serves and staff who are "called to serve" others.
On September 1, 2018 Bon Secours Health System and Mercy Health combined to become the United States’ fifth largest Catholic health care ministry and one of the nation’s 20 largest health care systems. Bon Secours Mercy Health serves communities along the east coast and in Ohio and Kentucky.
At Bon Secours Mercy Health, we are dedicated to continually improving health care quality, safety and cost effectiveness. Our hospitals, care sites and clinicians are recognized for clinical and operational excellence. By utilizing robust measurement and reporting processes, we hold ourselves accountable for enhancing care and improving outcomes for our patients, residents and clients. Through partnerships and by investing in innovative processes, technology and products, we are continually striving to drive health care quality while reducing costs and in addressing health care issues facing entire communities (such as enhancing access to behavioral health care services and fighting opioid dependency).
Bon Secours Mercy Health at a glance:
- Not-for-profit Catholic health system sponsored by Bon Secours Mercy Ministries
- Provides almost $2 million each day in community benefit
- Owns, manages or joint-ventures facilities in seven states
- 43 hospitals, more than 1,000 care sites
- More than 57,000 employees, including 2,100 physicians and advanced practice clinicians