Pediatric Infectious Disease Physician Needed in Ohio
Ohio-based Akron Children’s Hospital seeks a Pediatric Infectious Disease physician to join its expanding Division. Akron Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children’s hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
- Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
- More than 800 providers, who manage 900,000+ patient visits annually
- A network of more than 80 primary and specialty care locations
- Robust research and innovation endeavors
The successful candidates will join a dedicated team of 4 pediatric infectious disease physicians. Akron Children’s Hospital’s infectious disease physicians offer a complete array of diagnostic, treatment and consulting services for infants, children and teens with a broad spectrum of conditions from general pediatric infectious diseases to infections in immune-compromised hosts. Additional responsibilities may include roles in the antimicrobial stewardship program or infection control.
This position offers opportunities for:
- Partnership with an established team of doctors affording exceptional work-life balance.
- 1:4 Call Responsibilities
- Primary and consultative infectious disease services
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is available and commensurate with experience
- Research and innovation available through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and area universities
- An attractive compensation and benefit package
- Board Certification in Pediatrics
- Board Eligibility/Certification in Pediatric Infectious Disease
- Ability to Obtain an Active Medical License in the State of Ohio
Ranked a Best Children’s Hospital by US News and World Report, Akron Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio, serving over 900,000 patients each year. Centered around two free-standing pediatric hospitals and 27+ primary care offices, the Akron Children’s Hospital system provides services at nearly 90 locations across an urban, suburban and rural region of Ohio. The services and subspecialties at Akron Children’s the hospital span the entire scope of medical services available today – from routine and preventative care to emerging technologies in surgery and patient care.
Akron Children’s Hospital is 272-bed freestanding pediatric hospital and home to more than 30 pediatric subspecialties. We are a major teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and offer 11 subspecialty fellowship training programs.
Akron Children’s is dedicated to family-centered care, and improving the treatment of childhood illness and injury through research at the Rebecca D. Considine Clinical Research Institute.
Quality is a strategic focus of Akron Children’s Hospital through the Mark A. Watson Center for Operations Excellence, using tools such as Lean Six Sigma.
Akron Children’s Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, minutes south of Cleveland. From major league attractions to small-town appeal, the greater Akron area and Northeast Ohio has something for everyone. The area is rich in history and cultural diversity, and provides a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources.
This four-season community will have outdoor enthusiasts thrilled with over 40,000 acres of Metro Parks for year round enjoyment. Northeast Ohio is gaining a reputation as a world-class center for research and development in a variety of high-tech industries, and has become a premiere destination to work, live, play, shop and dine!