NIGHT TIME Hospitalist (Nocturnist) - 90 Minutes From Chicago!
Mercyhealth is currently seeking a BC/BE Internal Medicine (Hospitalist) physician to join our award-winning, fully integrated health care delivery system in Rockford, Illinois. Mercyhealth Hospital-Rockton Avenue is a Level I Trauma Center with 350+ beds.
• Join an established hospitalist group of 20+ physicians
• Work 11 Night Shifts a Month
We recently opened a $505 million dollar specialty referral hospital along I-90 in Rockford, IL. This campus features a women's and children's hospital with neonatal and pediatric intensive care, pediatric emergency services and high risk maternity care. It offers 188 private medical/surgical, ICU, pediatrics and obstetrics rooms, a Level I trauma center, operating suites, comprehensive diagnostic services, a variety of specialty care services, and comprehensive heart services. We are also investing $50 million dollars into our existing Mercyhealth Rockton Avenue Hospital and will provide care at both hospitals moving forward..
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Sign-on bonus and tuition reimbursement, if applicable
- Health, dental, life and malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Comprehensive retirement plan with extremely generous company contribution
- CME and licensure reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
Mercyhealth’s new state-of-the art specialty hospital and clinic serves the Northern IL region for highly specialized care for infants, children, and adults.
This beautiful, advance campus features:
- Level 1 trauma services
- Adult subspecialty services
- The highest level of neonatal and pediatric services
- Over 55 pediatric and neonatal doctors in 25+ pediatric specialties
- State-designated Regional Perinatal Center
- 52-bed NICU
- Level II Pediatric Trauma Center (1 of 5 in the state)
- State-designated Children’s Hospital (only on in northern Illinois)
- Pediatric Critical Care Center (1 of 10 in the state)
- State-of-the-art operating and surgery suites, including a hybrid operating room to support a full range of inpatient and outpatient surgery, including minimally invasive surgery and image-guided surgery
- Comprehensive diagnostic center, with lab, imaging and pharmacy services
- Inpatient dialysis
- Comprehensive cardiac, vascular, peripheral, and neurovascular interventional laboratory
Rockford is the third largest city in the state of Illinois. Settled on the banks of the Rock River, Rockford is notable for its economic diversification into automotive, aerospace, and healthcare industries, as well as the undertaking of various tourism and downtown revitalization efforts.
Rockford is known for various venues of cultural or historical significance, including Anderson Japanese Gardens, Klehm Arboretum, the Coronado Theatre, and the Burpee Museum of Natural History. Rockford has been recognized as one of the most affordable housing markets in the nation less than an hour and a half drive from downtown Chicago and Milwaukee and less than an hour from Madison, Wisconsin.
Mercyhealth is a regional health system with over 800 employed physician partners, seven hospitals and 85 primary and specialty care locations throughout 50 northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities. We are committed to being a top integrated health care provider and continuously work to make life better for the people, families and communities we serve.
As an integrated health care provider, we provide exceptional, coordinated health care that spans four core service divisions: hospital-based services, clinic-based services, post-acute care and retail services, and a wholly owned insurance company. These four core service divisions make up our comprehensive, vertically integrated delivery system, and integrated delivery is what makes Mercyhealth unique in serving the full range of health care needs for our patients.
Mercyhealth offers over 85 specialty and subspecialty services, including orthopedic surgery, prehospital emergency services and training, neurosurgery, heart and vascular services, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery and much more. When time is of the essence, our trauma centers are equipped with the latest technology and highly trained staff to provide immediate, life-saving care. We are a leader in obstetric, neonatal and pediatric services, offering the highest level of care available at our neonatal intensive care unit, caring for the most fragile preemies in the region’s only Small Baby Unit, and serving as a State of Illinois-designated Perinatal Center for an 11-county region.