LOCUMS Family Medicine Physician Needed in Windsor, NC
Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Family Medicine in Windsor, NC is seeking a Board Certified Family Medicine physician to help provide coverage for their practice. New providers will need to come in the day before scheduled for orientation. Need as soon as credentialed.
Beginning as soon as credentialed; Ongoing during perm recruitment
- Inpatient and Outpatient
- Practice located inside Vidant Bertie Hospital
- Ideal candidate will be able to cover 6-bed inpatient unit Tuesday-Friday, 8a-5p, as needed
- 12 exam rooms, procedure room, limited on-site pharmacy, Spirometer, holter monitor, EKG machine and nebulizer machine
- Experienced clinical support staff includes 2 RNs, 2 LPNs, and part-time education RN
- BLS certification required
- No call
- No nights, no weekends
- Average # of patients/day/provider: 25 clinic patients per day
- Required Procedures: EKGs, PFTs, blood draws, urine check, joint injections, pap smears, mole/wart removal, drug screening, ear irrigation, sutures
Located on the banks of the Cashie River, Windsor is an historic community that proudly traces its roots to the 1700s. It was home to a former North Carolina governor whose plantation house there is lovingly restored. Windsor is the county seat of Bertie County and, within a few miles, it features antebellum homes, vast undeveloped acreage and plentiful gamelands appealing to outdoor enthusiasts. The town offers 10 parks and recreation facilities, including a mini zoo and river launch; a tree house park along the riverfront offers picturesque views and a quiet place to experience nature.
Vidant Health is a mission-driven, 1,712-bed health system that serves more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is made up of 15,000 employees, 9 hospitals, home health, hospice, wellness centers, and Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician and provider group with more than 500 providers in more than 100 practice sites in eastern North Carolina. Vidant is affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant has a mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina. For more information, visit www.vidanthealth.com
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Joyce Best at (252) 847-6044 or at Joyce.Best@VidantHealth.com.