LOCUMS Pediatric Gastroenterologist Needed in Greenville, NC
Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Gastroenterology, located in Greenville, NC, is seeking a Board Certified Pediatric Gastroenterologist to help provide coverage for their team. New providers will need to come in the day before scheduled for orientation. Need as soon as credentialed.
Ongoing during permanent recruitment
1 day (8 hours) every other week; 8a-5p
- Provider to provide GI procedures (Upper endoscopy and colonoscopy) at our state-of-the-art sedation suite/endoscopy suite
- Privileges at the James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital at Vidant Medical Center, 130 licensed inpatient beds
- Procedures will be performed at a 10-bed outpatient pediatric medical/sedation day unit
- No call
- Anticipated volumes/day: 6-8 procedures
- Average # of patients/day/provider: 6-8
- No ICU/Critical Care Duties
- System-wide EMR (EPIC)
- Procedures required: upper endoscopy with biopsy, colonoscopy with biopsy, and general outpatient pediatric gastroenterology procedures scheduled at James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital at Vidant Medical Center
- May on occasion be required to perform a procedure in the Vidant Medical Center operating room
Vidant Health is a mission-driven, 1,712-bed health system that serves more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is made up of 15,000 employees, 9 hospitals, home health, hospice, wellness centers, and Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician and provider group with more than 500 providers in more than 100 practice sites in eastern North Carolina. Vidant is affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant has a mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina. For more information, visit www.vidanthealth.com
The James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital, located on the campus of Vidant Medical Center, is designed to care for children from newborns to 18 years of age (and up to 21 years of age if patient is being followed by a pediatric physician). The 206,499 square foot 198-bed facility provides highly specialized services including a pediatric intensive care (PICU), neonatal intensive care (NICU), kids immunosuppressed specialty unit (KISU), specialty care nursery, mother-baby unit, pediatric ECMO services, 24/7 children’s emergency department, acute dialysis and continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT), pediatric radiology, pediatric rehabilitation, general surgery, cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery, and craniofacial surgery. The James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital at Vidant Medical Center is a designated Children’s Miracle Network hospital, placing it among the nation’s top children’s facilities.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Joyce Best at (252) 847-6044 or at Joyce.Best@vidanthealth.com.