Practice Orthopedic Surgery In Scenic Alaska & Live a Rewarding Lifestyle!
PEACEHEALTH invites you to enjoy working in a Medical Center located directly on the water, providing spectacular views! Would you like to live and work in a community full of outdoor adventure, surrounded by incredible natural beauty and is rich in arts and culture? Are you looking for an opportunity with incredible work/life balance? Would you like to be part of a special team of providers who will treat you like family? If your answer is "yes" then PeaceHealth has a place for you!
HIGHLIGHTS OF KETCHIKAN, ALASKA:
- World class housing - Ketchikan has some amazing housing deals, and no matter where you live, the views are sure to be extraordinary!
- USA Today named Ketchikan "best city in Alaska to live" noting health outcomes, restaurants & bars, and tourism as some of the top reasons.
- The people of Ketchikan are warm, engaged and welcoming. Those who are new to Ketchikan are amazed at how easy it is to get involved in the community, and in all the help they find getting settled in.
- Ketchikan is the "Salmon Capital of the World". Come experience world class fishing and catch a 30 pound King Salmon on your lunch break!
- Kayak the local waters while taking in some of the most scenic views in the world!
- Art & Culture: Home to a diverse population of artists that captures Alaska's beauty and cultural attributes. You'll also find frequent theater and musical performances all year long!
- Education: Schools in Ketchikan are top notch. The city offers educational alternatives with two charter schools and an alternative high school. The island also has a University of Alaska Southeast campus.
- You'll have the full 'Alaskan experience' while only being a 90-minute, direct flight via 737 to Seattle (5 flights a day). That's what makes Ketchikan unique!
PRACTICE HIGHLIGHTS & BENEFITS:
- Work with another Orthopedic Surgeon, Physician Assistant, and strong medical support staff
- Average of 250 surgeries
- System-wide EPIC EMR
- Volunteer opportunities to serve on medical mission teams in El Salvador
- Salary based with total compensation up to MGMA 90th percentile
- Comprehensive benefits including: sign-on bonus, relocation support, paid malpractice & CME
- Competitive loan forgiveness compensation through PeaceHealth, state programs or HPSA qualifying sites
PEACEHEALTH KETCHIKAN MEDICAL CENTER has been named one of the top critical access hospitals in the U.S. and has exemplary performance in multiple areas, including surgical care, pneumonia, heart failure and more. We are an integrated physician-led medical group with 25 physicians and advance practice clinicians.
PEACEHEALTH KETCHIKAN MEDICAL CENTER
Sourcing Project Manager
In 1923 the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace opened the Little Flower Hospital in Ketchikan. It was named after Saint Teresa, who proclaimed herself “a little flower in God’s garden.” PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center, a critical access hospital, collaborates with the city to maintain and expand services including a large medical group, laboratory, expanded pharmacy and a number of centers of excellence.
A major port stop on the Alaskan cruise ship itinerary, Ketchikan is an eclectic, eccentric, hardworking community surrounded by spectacular natural beauty. Residents enjoy exploring local culture, art, history, outdoor activities and wildlife in an ideal work/play environment.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Washington, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Health—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
PeaceHealth is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.