FACULTY BOARD CERTIFIED/ELIGIBLE PULMONOLOGIST/CRITICAL CARE PHYSICIAN
BOARD CERTIFIED/ELIGIBLE PULMONOLOGIST/CRITICAL CARE PHYSICIAN
WITH FACULTY APPOINTMENT
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION VA MEDICAL CENTER
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION, VERMONT
Want to experience the practice of medicine and provide valued, meaningful, collaborative, and mission-driven quality patient care, while living and playing in a spectacular location? Consider joining our highly dedicated and collegial team committed to giving exceptional and outcomes-driven care to our nations Veterans.
We are seeking a full-time faculty member to join the section at the White River Junction VA Medical Center / Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. Excellent opportunities are available for those with interest in a variety of research areas, including health services research, quality improvement and basic sciences research.
You should be BE/BC in Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine and have a strong commitment to teaching and patient care. Clinical responsibilities will include outpatient and inpatient pulmonary consultation and attending in a multi-disciplinary ICU. As a faculty member, you will be expected to participate fully in the education of Pulmonary and Critical Care fellows, Internal Medicine residents, and medical students. In addition, promotion and development of safety, quality, and process improvement activities and policies to facilitate delivery of services and compliance with administrative and regulatory requirements are expected elements.
The White River Junction VA Medical Center is a 74 bed, acute care facility that provides a full range of primary, secondary, and specialty care. We are dually affiliated with the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth and the University of Vermont (UVM) College of Medicine. The medical center prides itself in providing high-quality, patient-centric care to our Veterans as well as training and education to medical students, residents, and fellows.
White River Junction, Vermont is located in the Upper Valley Region of New Hampshire and Vermont where every season is stunning and there are endless recreational opportunities. Nestled between the Green and White Mountains and located on the Connecticut River, the area provides cultural and entertainment opportunities and year-round outdoor recreation. We are only a short drive to Burlington, VT, Manchester, NH and Boston, MA.
Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country. In addition to competitive pay and liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes:
Paid Time Off:
- 26 days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over! Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Paid federal holidays with pay
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee's salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service
For more information, Email your full CV to Don Rainwater, National Recruitment Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your inquiry will be handled in confidence.
White River Junction VA Medical Center is a Carey Award-winning, 60 acute care and 16 residential bed facility, providing healthcare to over 23,000 Vermont and New Hampshire Veterans with services from our main campus and seven supporting Community Based Outpatient Clinics. We are closely affiliated with the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth and the University of Vermont College of Medicine and train medical students, residents and fellows in a wide range of specialties. A $6 million research program is dedicated to basic science, clinical trials and outcomes research. Living in New Hampshire offers excellent quality of life and access to many cultural and recreational activities including one of the most scenic coastal areas in the country.
Come experience the breath taking beauty and relaxing small town atmosphere of White River Junction. Several years ago this historical railroad hub successfully reinvented itself as an artists' colony. The addition of culture, art, good food, night-life activity and quality of life, coupled with its 19th century store fronts has resulted in White River Junction be named as one of Budget Travel Magazine’s 10 Coolest Small Towns. Come enjoy this beautiful New England environment, with sophistication of Dartmouth College’s intellectual and culinary contributions to the community, great education for children, natural appeal to the outdoor enthusiast in all 4 seasons, low crime rate, and easy journey to Boston, NYC and Montreal for urban adventures.
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S.Territories.
More than 7.9 million Veterans, their family members, and survivors are enrolled in the VA Health System, with more than 6.3 million seeking treatment each year. Currently, that annual treatment involves 773,600 inpatient visits and 60 million outpatient visits. About 250,000 full-time employees and 90,000 health professional trainees work in interdisciplinary care teams to deliver those patient services daily.
VA's patient population crosses a wide spectrum of individuals, from elderly World War II Veterans, to baby boomer Vietnam Vets, to today's younger heroes who served during the Gulf War era and in the present day Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. VA also serves a growing number of women Veterans, who currently account for seven percent of the total Veteran population.