Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Saint Vincent Hospital, a 283-bed, community-based hospital, provides quality and compassionate care to the residents of Worcester and surrounding communities. It offers a range of medical services, including advanced heart and vascular services, comprehensive orthopedic and rehabilitation programs, and surgical facility including da vinci robotic surgery and cyberknife technology.
- Team of 16 physicians, 1 advanced practitioner, and a clinical performance nurse
- 20-bed closed ICU covered by the intensivist
- No procedures required; No call environment
- Hospitalists run codes
- Awarded for Patient Safety by Leapfrog Group Patient Safety Score of “A” for three consecutive years
- Joint Commission accreditation and Joint Commission Top Performer Award for Core Measures
- Healthgrades distinguished hospital award for clinical excellence
- Must be BC/BC in Internal Medicine
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
Worcester is known as the most vibrant and livable mid-size city in the country. Worcester is a city that offers the best of both large and small cities with its affordable housing; quality public schools; many colleges and universities; access to diverse culture, sports, restaurants and entertainment; and reliable local and regional transportation. Worcester is known for its diverse restaurants and celebrity chefs opening restaurants and master breweries.
- New England’s second most populous city with a population of 181,045
- Located 40 miles west of Boston, it is known as the “Heart of the Commonwealth”
- Home to historic monuments, theaters and parks, and hosts events and festivals ranging from St. Patrick’s Day celebrations to the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival