Neurology Physician Opportunity in Lewiston, ME
Excellent Neurology Opportunity in Scenic "Twin City" Lewiston/Auburn, Maine
Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston, Maine is searching for a compassionate, Board Eligible/Board Certified Neurologist to join a well-established team of two Neurologists. Neurologist with sub-specialty interest encouraged to apply. Central Maine Neurology is a progressive practice offering compassionate, individualized patient care. Patients include those with Epilepsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, Parkinson's disease, Dementia, Neuropathy, Spinal disease/pain, Headaches, and Dystonia.
- Office support includes: 2 Nurse Practitioners, 1 RN, 2 EEG techs, 4 Medical Assistants
- Special Services include: NCV & EMG testing and interpretation; evoked potentials, routine and ambulatory EEG, Botox for dystonia, neuro-ophthalmology
- Approximately 70% Outpatient / 30% Inpatient
- Call is 1:4 (physicians take call for the full week)
- CMMC Family Residency Program and Bates College pre-med students
- Level II Trauma Center; Level II Stroke facility (approximately 450 – 500 stroke patients per year)
- Active Tele-neurology service and Neuroscience service line available affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital
- Sign on bonus to include relocation and Student loan reimbursement among many other industry leading benefits
The Community of Lewiston-Auburn population is 107,233. These "Twin Cities" exert a significant impact upon the diversity, religious variety, commerce, education, and economic power of Maine. It has a variety of outdoor activities including, fishing, white water rafting, kayaking, canoeing, hiking, biking, hunting, one hour from skiing, one hour to the ocean, snowmobiling. It is known for a relatively low cost of living, substantial access to medical care, and an extremely low violent-crime rate. While the dominant language spoken in the city is English, it is home to the largest French-speaking population in the United States (by population).
- Maine College of Health Professionals
- Central Maine Community College
An integrated healthcare delivery system, Central Maine Healthcare (CMHC) serves 400,000 people in the central, western, and mid-coast regions of the state. One flagship medical center, two rural, critical access hospitals and an extensive variety of primary and specialty care practices located in 17 communities throughout the region make up the CMHC system.
Central Maine Healthcare is focused on exceptional quality and patient access to care. Affiliated with Mass General Hospital in Boston, CMHC provides Mainers the most innovative and current treatments available without having to leave their hometown. The Mass General affiliation gives CMHC patients greater access to sub-specialty care in hematology/oncology, neurology, stroke, and trauma.
Whether seeing your primary care provider, a highly-qualified specialist within our healthcare network, or visiting one of our three hospital locations throughout Maine, be assured that with Central Maine Healthcare you’re always receiving accessible, comprehensive, world-class care.