Psychiatry Emergency Setting in Salt Lake City, UT
Emergency Setting - Access Center
LDS Hospital, Salt Lake City, UT
- BC/BE adult psychiatrist is needed in Salt Lake City for emergency setting (Access Center) care to work at LDS Hospital
- Shift work. No post shift call.
- Work in a team-based atmosphere to stabilize patients in crisis with Social Work, Nursing, Pharmacy, Techs, and Discharge planners
- Management of behavioral health needs within a population has been shown to reduce chronic disease and both medical and psychiatric inpatient hospitalizations
- The Access Center serves the following purposes: 1) improving initial access to psychiatric services throughout the region, 2) improving patient navigation to appropriate resources, 3) extending resources where they would otherwise not be available, and 4) alleviating inefficient use of resources in other settings (e.g., extended emergency department stays)
- This service is critical to the success of a population health strategy
- Employment position with the Intermountain Medical Group
- A 501c3 company
- Full Intermountain benefits package
- Signing bonus, student loan repayment, and stipend available
- Relocation provided, up to 15K
- Visa sponsorship is not available
The Salt Lake Valley is the heart of the state of Utah, which is one of the fastest growing states in the country. The Salt Lake City/Ogden area was ranked as the best place to live in North America by Places Rated Almanac. Salt Lake is located at the base of the Wasatch Mountains and is within an hour’s drive of nine world-renowned ski resorts and within a day’s drive of five national parks. Along with these recreational attractions, there are many cultural and sporting events. There are performances by the Utah Symphony, Ballet West and Pioneer Theater Company as well as a renovated theater that offers Broadway plays. The Sundance Film Festival and the Park City Art Festival are nationally recognized events held in nearby communities. The NBA’s Jazz, ECHL Utah Grizzlies hockey, the Salt Lake Bees, a triple-A baseball team, and Real Salt Lake City, a major league soccer team, all represent Salt Lake City. The University of Utah is also in Salt Lake City.
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve the extraordinary together. Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. ,Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible®. Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
For the seventh consecutive year, Intermountain Healthcare was named as one of the "Top 150 Places to Work in Healthcare" in 2019 by Becker's Hospital Review.
Intermountain Healthcare is a Utah-based, not-for-profit system of 24 hospitals, a broad range of clinics and services,160 clinics, a Medical Group of 2,400+ employed physicians and advanced practitioners, and health insurance plans from SelectHealth. We own or support 17 community clinics serving uninsured and low-income patients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- World-class year-round skiing, hiking and biking
- Incredible National Parks
- Four Distinct Seasons
- Endless outdoor recreation opportunities