Lead Advanced Practitioner (NP or PA)
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP Collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APPs that are provided to our physician providers.
- 396-bed, for-profit hospital - part of CHS Healthcare System
- Team of 20 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Excellent subspecialty support including 24/7 critical care and cardiology services
- Full intensivist team on staff to manage the closed ICU
- No procedures / no call
- During the day, hospitalists respond to codes on their own patients but are not part of the hospitalist code team
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Lead Advanced Practitioner
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
The Lead Advanced Practitioner represents the APP’s of the hospitalist team, facilitates communication, brings forth ideas and issues to the Chief Hospitalist, and conveys ideas and issues to the other APP’s regarding patient care, operations and metrics. The Lead APP is also responsible for other such duties as reasonably assigned by the Chief Hospitalist and within the NP/PA scope of practice to include:
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Current, unrestricted license in Indiana. Will consider Family Practice or Geriatric Certification with recent acute care experience. Must have 3+ years of prior acute care inpatient experience working with complex patients. Prior leadership experience also preferred.
Location & Lifestyle
The city of Fort Wayne, Indiana is rated the number one city in Indiana to raise your kids. Fort Wayne received the All-American City Award and a City of Livability award.