Physician - Gastroenterologist
SSM Health Medical Group, seeks to enhance and grow its Gastroenterology Services at DePaul Hospital in Bridgeton, MO. This position offers:
- GI Colleagues who consistently produce in the 90th percentile, creating community need and a waiting patient panel
- A well respected, physician led practice model that gives each physician a say in the operation of their own practice and overall direction of the organization
- Highly trained, experienced staff and fully integrated electronic health records which minimize non-clinical tasks for the physicians
- Procedures performed at same location as office practice
- In-house anesthesia, pathology lab, CT and infusion
- Great benefits including retirement, comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, generous vacation and paid, reimbursed CME, and occurrence-based malpractice coverage
SSM Health DePaul Hospital
A 476-bed, full service Catholic hospital, SSM Health DePaul Hospital opened in 1828, as the first hospital west of the Mississippi River. DePaul provides the only Level II Trauma Center in North St. Louis County, primarily serving patients from the surrounding Missouri communities of Bridgeton, Florissant, Hazelwood, St. Ann, Olivette, St. John, Maryland Heights and Overland.
With all private rooms, SSM DePaul offers comprehensive medical care, and highly advanced technology including the da Vinci Surgery System. Procedures available include minimally invasive heart, spine, knee, hip and weight loss surgery.
City of Bridgeton
Bridgeton is one of the oldest settlements in the St. Louis area, established in 1794 and home to several historic landmarks. Just 20 miles from downtown St. Louis, Bridgeton is a second-ring suburb of Greater St. Louis in northwestern St. Louis County.
The City of Bridgeton has an outstanding collection of parks and recreational programs in the region. 10 locations provide 256 acres for leisure activities including the city's Municipal Athletic Complex, Bridgton Crossing Family Aquatic Park and Berry Hill Golf Course. Bridgeton is considered the primary transport hub of the area because of its proximity to major interstate highways and Lambert-St. Louis International Airport.
The St. Louis metro area has over 2.8 million residents, a rich history and wonderful attractions. You'll enjoy the benefits of the Arch, MLB Cardinals and NHL Blues, the St. Louis Symphony, the Fox Theater, the Art Museum, the Science Center, the Botanical Gardens and the Zoo. The area has outstanding public and private schools, and 3 major Universities.
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.