Physician - Rheumatologist - southern Illinois - Full Time
SSM Health - Illinois seeks a Rheumatologist to join the medical staff of Good Samaritan Hospital. This to start the service line!
This is an employed position with SSM Health Medical Group, a premier hospital system located in Centralia, Illinois, where easy access is available to St. Louis, Chicago, Evansville, Indianapolis, Louisville Memphis and Nashville.
Highlights of the opportunity are:
- Facility is a not-for-profit Catholic institution affiliated with SSM HealthCare
- Employed position with SSM Health Medical Group
- 1:5 call schedule, extra compensation for additional days taken
- 5 chair infusion center at the Hospital with another 15 chairs at our Cancer Center
- 250,000 population service area covering 9 counties
Excellent Financial Package
- Guaranteed base salary from $225k (based on experience) for the first two years
- Occurrence based malpractice insurance
- Student loan repayment available
- 401k and Deferred Comp Plan available
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.