Psychiatrist Opportunity in Salem, OR
Physician – Psychiatry – Prescriber – Out-Patient Clinic Setting
- Seeking a BC/BE psychiatrist to join this very busy growing practice. Practice size: 2 physicians, 4 PMHNPs, ~ 17 support staff, and ~ 35 licensed contract counselors from a variety of specialties.
- Requirement of being Board Eligible with a commitment to obtain Board Certification.
- Schedule of 4 – 5 days a week, fewer days negotiable. ~ 40 hours/week
- Required to complete comprehensive mental health assessments, medication management and medically necessary follow up services. No supervisory responsibility for staff; provide professional supervision of clinicians as appropriate.
- Call: Potential to join call group with other psychiatrists: telephone only. Light call – call assistance from crisis center.
- Employment position with potential for partnership within 3 years.
- # of patients seen per day: ~12 – 15 for 30 minute appointments.
- Qualities preferred: able to work independently as well as a great team player; experience & comfortable with patients with intellectual & developmental disabilities; comfortable with indigent population with complex psychosocial backgrounds; effectively collaborate with all members of medical treatment team on a multi-disciplinary level.
- Our culture is solution focused, warm and supportive and our team enjoys laughter. We practice in a beautiful 1920’s Historic building that is charming and bright.
- New graduates welcome! Not able to support visas.
- Benefits: Medical, 401K, CME time off & allowance, life & AD&D insurance, long-term disability, Holidays and PTO. Potential for: relocation assistance, signing bonus, and student loan repayment.
Independent Physician Associations (IPAs) allow physicians to work collaboratively with other physicians - share insights, resources, data - while maintaining autonomy.
The mission of WVP Health Authority, part of the Mid Valley Independent Physicians Association (MVIPA), is to preserve and promote the wise use of health resources in Marion and Polk Counties, enhance the ability of physicians to act as patient’s advocates, and assure a sound and ethical business environment that promotes flexibility and the pursuit of appropriate opportunities.
WVP Health Authority has approximately 530 members practicing primary and specialty care serving Salem, Santiam, Silverton, and West Valley hospitals.
The Willamette Valley is in the heart of the renowned Oregon wine country. This is an outstanding place to live and work with so many opportunities for medical professionals and an abundance of activities and events to enjoy all year long from the great outdoors to the arts.
Our family oriented communities feature excellent public and private schools from pre-school to post-graduate.
In as little as a two-hour drive or less, you can be in the high desert, 45 minutes to downtown Portland, one hour or less in the mountains or at the beach, and in as little as 10 minutes be experiencing a leisurely tour of breweries & wineries that abound among the rolling hills of the Willamette Valley.
Not to mention, of course, the medical community here is well rounded and diverse with a full range of services.