MD/DO - Hospitalist Medical Director
The Medical Director provides clinical operational leadership for patient care, quality improvement initiatives, staff clinical activities, clinic processes and workflows, and supervises and supports physicians and APC Colleagues. Serves as a dyad partner with the Manager of the Hospitalist Program.
Support ThedaCare Principles:
- .5FTE Medical Director & .5FTE Hospitalist
- Patient and family first – contribute to the development of a patient first approach to the provision of clinical services by setting expectations and modeling good behavior for patient experience
- Highest safety and quality - Demonstrate excellence in clinical care and accountability through support and practice of applicable system policies and procedures, clinical policies and procedures, and provision of evidence-based high quality care to patients
- Smart organizational growth - Provide input and actively participate in developing the structure, function, growth, and overall strategy for clinical care provided through the Hospitalist Service at TCA/TCN, participate in marketing to internal and external customers
- Superior financial performance - Contribute to business planning and strategic planning for Hospitalist Program services, engage with hospital leadership on opportunities around billing, innovative approaches to care, and supply costs
- Recruit and retain top talent – Actively participate in physician and APC recruitment through screening of applicants, promotion of the Hospitalist Program, interviews, and onboarding, Conduct annual or semi-annual professional development plans with physicians and APCs, mentor and support colleagues in professional growth and development
- Exceptional experience for patients, families, and team members – Work collaboratively with all members of the Hospitalist team to promote service to our patients, teamwork across disciplines, and to enhance the engagement and well-being of team members
- Lead quality improvement initiatives by setting an example in own clinical practice, championing quality programs within the Hospitalist Program and the Hospitals, the CIN, and the system, and working with operational leadership on education and processes to support the provision of high quality care
- Work with colleagues throughout ThedaCare as a subject matter expert in hospitalist care, contribute to clinical best practice as it relates to inpatient care
- Lead provider meetings to ensure that issues are addressed and providers have an opportunity to provide input and perspective
- Develop and provide oversight for clinical protocols that support best practice, lead by example
- Represent (or delegate) the voice of the Hospitalist Program physicians and APCs in both internal and external meetings
- Income Details: Competitive salary, plus quality bonus incentive
- Generous Sign-On Bonus
- CME: $4,500/year
- Other Benefits:
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Malpractice, Paid Tail Coverage & WI Patient Compensation Fund
- Licensing/Board Fees Reimbursement
- Retirement Plans: 403b with a company match and 457b with a company contribution
- Legal Plan Option
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ ,,,,,,primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services. ,,,,,,
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton, ,,,,,,147 Bed Acute Care
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with ,,,,,,about 6,800 employees. ,,,,,,
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
ThedaCare is the first healthcare system in Wisconsin to be selected as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. ,,,,,, Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ,,,,,, ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ,,,,,, ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.