|Job ID #: 21782
|Employment Type: Part Time
||Department: Occupational Health - EI
|Location: Einstein Medical Center Montgomery
|Weekends Required? No
||Biweekly Hours: 48
|Rotation Required? No
||Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
|On-Call Required? No
||Education Required: Medical Doctor
The Occupational Health Physician is the supervising medical provider for all Einstein employees who present to the LiveWell Montgomery facility. Provides services on an as-needed basis at LiveWell Philadelphia location Conducts pre-placement evaluations on newly hired employees and as needed, conducts fitness for duty evaluations. Oversees the delivery of medical care for employees injured on the job, performing initial and follow-up assessments and serving as liaison between LiveWell Montgomery and subspecialists to whom the injured employee is referred. Responsible for interpreting medically defined restrictions for work-related and, if needed, non-work-related restrictions. Responsible for oversight of Physician Assistant.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Assists in pre-placement evaluation of EMCM employees and volunteers
- Accurately assesses, diagnoses and provides appropriate medical treatment for work-related injuries and occupational illnesses, managing patient care appropriately from onset through discharge.
- Accurately determines physical capabilities and assigns work restrictions appropriately.
- Assists in implementing employee surveillance programs.
- Appropriately prescribes and administers medications.
- Documents appropriately all medical information including history, objective findings, treatment plan, physical capabilities, work status and follow-up appointments
- Protects confidentiality of patient information and releases information in accordance with ADA, OSHA and Worker’s Compensation laws.
- Maintains and updates occupational health knowledge through continuing education programs and educational conferences.
- Assists in development and communication of occupational health treatment protocols.
- If MRO certified, demonstrates knowledge of Medical Review Officer protocols and appropriately interprets and reports results
- Acts as supervisory physician for Physician’s Assistant and Nurse Practitioner, overseeing care and countersigning medical records as needed.
- Serves on EMCM Standing and ad hoc committees as necessary.
- Adheres to all EMCM personnel policies and procedures for health surveillance, compliance, and continuing education.
- Promotes and fosters an atmosphere focused on employee wellness and injury prevention, including safety programs, vaccinations and education.
- Other duties as delegated by Director of Occupational Health and Wellness.
If you possess the following qualifications, please apply immediately:
- Graduation from an accredited medical school required
- Residency and board certification in Internal Medicine, Occupational, or Emergency Medicine is desirable
- Certification as Medical Review Officer is desirable
- Maintains licensing and credentialing as necessary by law or Board regulations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.