RWJBarnabas Health is seeking an Internist for Program Director Role in NJ
RWJBarnabas Health is currently seeking a board-certified Internal Medicine physician to lead as Program Director an exciting new Internal Medicine residency program expected to begin in July 2021 at Community Medical Center (Toms River, NJ), contingent upon ACGME accreditation.
The successful applicant must have requisite training and experience in research and demonstrate a track record of dealing with the following responsibilities:
- Programmatic operations, including but not limited to the recruitment, selection, instruction, supervision, advising, evaluation, documentation, and advancement of residents
- Integration of the program with physician practices and hospital clinical services in a manner that enhances value and quality, and that promotes the optimal environment for professional practice and medical education
- Ensures accreditation of the program through application of ACGME common and specialty requirements in cooperation with other system leaders and outside consultants
- Provision of thought leadership, organization and operation of the general administration of the residency program
- Development and successful execution of the strategic direction of the program
Minimum Qualifications for the Position:
- Five years of progressive experience as an active faculty member of an IM residency program or Three years of graduate medical education leadership experience
- Current certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Eligibility for unrestricted medical licensure in the state of New Jersey;
- Academic work that qualifies the candidate for appointment as Associate Professor or Professor
- Demonstrated leadership in obtaining ACGME accreditation, curriculum development, evaluation methodology, teaching, and mentoring residents;
- Demonstrated excellence in an overall mix of skills including clinical care, clinical teaching, and scholarly activity that advance clinical medicine and institutional service
If you are interested in this role, please contact Amal Elmogahzy, Physician Recruiter at Amal.Elmogahzy@rwjbh.org or call/text her at 862-236-0720.
Opened in 1961, Community Medical Center (CMC) is a fully accredited acute care hospital and offers a comprehensive array of services including advanced cancer care, sophisticated neurology and neurosurgery services including a neuro-interventional lab with a bi-plane and cardiac care featuring three cardiac catheterization labs.
CMC’s surgical service features the latest generation daVinci Si robotic surgical platform, the only program in Ocean County. The hospital’s commitment to technology is evidenced by access to advanced radiologic technology and one of the most sophisticated linear accelerators used for radiation therapy and a CyberKnife for treating inoperable tumors. As one of the area’s most trusted providers of maternal and children’s services, superior obstetric care, a Level 2 special care nursery with 24/7 on site neonatologists for newborns requiring special care, a dedicated pediatric unit and a pediatrician in the Emergency Department are provided.
CMC has earned the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for its Stroke, Heart Failure, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Total Joint Replacement-Hip and Knee programs. Designated by the Commission on Cancer of The American College of Surgeons as a Community Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Program since 1986, the hospital is also recognized as one of the 100 Hospitals with Great Oncology Programs by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Community Medical Center, a not-for-profit acute care hospital serving the Ocean County region, is committed to enhancing the overall health status of the community by providing the highest quality health care and related services including Continuing Medical Education for our Medical Staff. In collaboration with our Medical Staff and in partnership with Barnabas Health, we strive to exceed patients’ expectations in a progressive organizational environment which emphasizes commitment, competence, collaboration, communication and compassion.