FULL TIME ACADEMIC APPOINTMENT
FELLOWSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM
Ochsner Health System and Louisiana State University Health Science Center- Shreveport seek applicants for a pediatric allergy/immunology physician for the Department of Pediatrics, Section of Allergy/Immunology. Must be Board Certified in Pediatrics and Board Certified or Board Eligible in Allergy/Immunology.
We are looking for a team-oriented physician who is eager and excited to see patients. The position would involve management of patients in a clinic on campus and off-campus. We work closely with ENT, Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine.
We provide diagnosis and treatment of a full spectrum of allergic and immunologic disorders. Candidates can participate in an active clinical research program, as well as basic science research. Allergy/immunology specialists are active in teaching LSU Allergy/Immunology fellows, and we currently host 4 fellows in-training. LSU medicine and pediatric residents, and medical students may also benefit from our training program.
Highlights of the Position:
- Our health sciences center is home tothe School of Medicine, School of Graduate Studies and School of Allied Health Professions and a robust research enterprise. More than 800 students are enrolled in the degree programs at any one time. Additionally, nearly 600 residents and fellows are trained each year.
- Collegial and multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses to collaborate on a customized plan of care for each patient.
- Physician leadership and input at all levels of administration.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Generous Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional Retirement Plans
Shreveport is located in the northwest corner of Louisiana, 15 miles from Texas, and 185 miles directly east of Dallas on Interstate 20. Shreveport and its sister city across the Red River (Bossier City) have a population of just over 250,000. City amenities include a full-time symphony orchestra, minor league sports, riverfront aquarium, the American Rose Center, a full calendar of riverfront arts and music festivals, and much more. We enjoy the ambience of a smaller city and the resources of many larger metropolitan areas. Being located in extreme northwestern Louisiana, our climate is closer to that of Atlanta or Birmingham than to that of New Orleans. The low cost of living, pleasant climate, and excellent schools make Shreveport a wonderful place to raise a family.
LSUHSC – Shreveport is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.