IU Health Partner - Urgent Care - Medical Director Physician
An Indiana University Health partner is seeking a Medical Director Physician to join its Urgent Care clinic portfolio centered in Indianapolis and with clinics throughout Indiana. Physicians who are board certified in either Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Emergency Medicine AND who have Urgent Care, ER, and/or Acute Care experience are encouraged to apply.
- Physician with 5+ years of clinical experience
- Leadership or management experience
- Doctorate of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine required
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current State Medical License; CDS Controlled Substance License as applicable per prescriptive authority; DEA Drug Enforcement Agency Registration Number as applicable per prescriptive authority; Basic Life Support Certification required.
- Successful Completion of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is preferred of full time physicians.
- The Medical Director is a physician that is actively practicing onsite.
- Functions as the organization’s clinical leader. The Medical Director provides guidance, leadership, and oversight to the staff and will be responsible for the clinical staff including staffing models, medical staff hiring, orientation, scheduling, and on-going training and company educational programs.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of clinical and administrative policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in and oversees the quality assurance, compliance, and utilization review programs.
- Provide high quality, patient-focused health care services to all patients in collaboration with the other staff members to ensure that the individually planned needs and desires of patients are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Examines patients for symptoms and/or physical information while ensuring the delivery of high quality, patient-focused health care and recognizing the patient’s individual rights.
• Aides the patients in their right to be informed and to participate in making decisions in all aspects of their medical care and treatment and initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, including patient and family instruction. Ensures that all aspects of care have respect for personal values and beliefs, and focuses on the individual needs of each patient.
• Elicits and reviews information about patient’s medical history.
• Orders or executes various tests, analyses, results, reports and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition in a timely manner to determine appropriate treatment and follow up.
• Administers or prescribes treatments and medications appropriate for patient condition.
• Promotes health by educational instruction as well as advising patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
• Refers patients to medical specialist for consultant services when necessary for patient’s well-being.
• Accurately, efficiently, and completely documents necessary data for patient records to facilitate completion of billing processes.
- Responsible for the supervision, control, and direction of Physicians, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, including students on clinical rotation, nurse, nurse technician, medical assistant, phlebotomist, and radiology technicians, and retains responsibility to the patient for their competence and performance.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 14th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" five consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- "Best Places to Live in America" according to Money in 2017 included Fishers, IN at number one, Carmel at number 16, Avon at number 17 and Greenwood at number 22.
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati