Clinical Academic Pediatric Epileptologist
- Candidates should be board eligible/board certified in pediatric neurology with additional fellowship in epilepsy
- Candidates should have completed residency and fellowship at strong training centers and have a commitment to excellence in patient care and clinical education. Strong interpersonal skills are essential.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation is very competitive and includes salary plus additional clinical incentive.
- Full executive benefits include 20 days vacation and 10 days CME time, annual CME fund, 403b and pension.
- This position includes an academic appointment at Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine and shared teaching responsibilities for the pediatric residency program, ACGME adult neurology residency program, medical students, and a pending child neurology residency program.
About the Team:
- Join 4 other fellowship-trained pediatric epileptologists and 2 epilepsy surgeons.
- We collaborate closely with the independent adult epilepsy and epilepsy surgery programs.
- The division of pediatric neurology services subspecialties of epilepsy/IOM, sleep medicine, neuromuscular, headache, neurogenetics, movement disorders, and neurodevelopment/neonatal neurology.
- The organizational culture is very collegial and physician engagement and leadership are highly valued.
- Strong ancillary support with 5 epilepsy RNs, 5 epilepsy NPs, 1 neurogenetics counselor, and 1 pediatric neuropsychologist with additional pediatric epilepsy fellowship
- A recently renovated 5 bed pediatric epilepsy monitoring unit and control room are open 24-7
- Beaumont is opening a *NEW* MEG center in the 1st quarter of 2020 under the leadership of our MEG director who serves on the ACMEGS board of directors.
- Beaumont Health System recently merged with two regional systems which now includes 8 hospitals, 17,000 newborns annually, over 3500 inpatient beds, and hundreds of outpatient sites.
- Clinic and administrative offices are currently located in the outpatient neuroscience center that opened July 2014, and will be moving up to a new 3rd floor expansion of >18,000 square feet by 2020 due to growth.
About the Epilepsy Program at Beaumont:
- The epilepsy program was created in 2012 and developed into a high volume, NAEC accredited Level IV, pediatric-specific epilepsy center in 2015. Our stereo-encephalography (sEEG) epilepsy surgery program started regular implantations with ROSA in 2018 and we perform the highest level phase 1 and phase 2 epilepsy surgery presurgical evaluations leading to resection, laser ablation, RNS, DBS, or VNS.
- We also have busy Epilepsy Dietary and Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance accredited TS programs. Ongoing clinical trials and research with excellent clinical research support include translational research in close collaboration with pediatric neuroradiology and nuclear medicine (High quality/volume PET & SPECT programs).
- The epilepsy monitoring unit and continuous EEG monitoring program utilize state of the art technology including Persyst, Curry, and EEG-fMRI software and are staffed 24/7 by EEG technologists.
Read more about Beaumont Children's here!
Beaumont, Royal Oak opened on Jan. 24, 1955 as a 238-bed community hospital. Today, that hospital is a 1,100-bed major academic and referral center with Level I adult trauma and Level II pediatric trauma status. A major teaching facility, Beaumont, Royal Oak has 55 residency and fellowship programs with 454 residents and fellows. Beaumont is the exclusive clinical partner for the Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, with more than 1,400 Beaumont doctors on faculty and more than 2,100 on its medical staff and specialty services to assist our community.
Beaumont Health is Michigan’s largest health care system, based on inpatient admissions and net patient revenue. A not-for-profit organization, it was formed in 2014 by Beaumont Health System, Botsford Health Care and Oakwood Healthcare to provide patients with the benefit of greater access to extraordinary, compassionate care, no matter where they live in Southeast Michigan. Beaumont Health has total net revenue of $4.4 billion and consists of eight hospitals with 3,429 beds, 187 outpatient sites, nearly 5,000 physicians, 38,000 employees and 3,500 volunteers. In 2017, Beaumont Health had 175,688 inpatient discharges, 17,789 births and 574,591 emergency visits.
The City of Royal Oak requires no introduction to the Detroit metropolitan area. Conveniently located near several major thoroughfares, Royal Oak's location is prime. This is evident in the steady rise of property values throughout the city. Royal Oak has maintained the appeal of a small town, while affording many of the amenities of a large metropolis. Because of its respect for diversity, the city's composition is truly eclectic. The population represents a diverse mix of individuals, age groups, incomes, and myriad of residential home styles. Combined efforts of a proactive city government and Downtown Development Authority over the past several years have brought about a metamorphosis of the city's central business district. Downtown improvements have included changes to the landscape that encourage socialization.