Grand Strand Medical Center is seeking academic minded Palliative Care physician to join our system and our rapidly growing Palliative Care practice. While currently inpatient only, this position will evolve into both inpatient and outpatient care in the Myrtle Beach area. The outpatient clinic is located within walking distance of the hospital. The ideal candidate will enjoy providing quality patient care while supervising and mentoring residents in the hospital and clinical settings. Position also involves teaching residents in a didactic setting. We are looking for highly motivated faculty who enjoy resident education and autonomous practice balance.
* The practice is located in the middle of high growth areas and there are excellent public schools and outstanding housing options within a 10 minute drive.
* Practice is currently entirely inpatient with intention to open an outpatient clinic in the near future
* Current practice is Mon-Fri with intent to have weekend coverage & shared call
* Admissions are handled by hospitalist service and Palliative medicine remains a consult only service
This team has a strong role within graduate medical education
* BE or BC in Palliative Care mandatory
* Top beach resort area/ lifestyle in area with excellent restaurants, golfing and world class resort amenities
* Employed position with HCA; competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package
Grand Strand Medical Center is a 369-bed tertiary referral center in Myrtle Beach, SC, and is the largest and most clinically advanced hospital in the area. Grand Strand Medical Center is the only hospital in the region to offer such specialized services as an ACS verified Level I Adult Trauma Center and DHEC approved Level II Pediatric Trauma Center, cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, pediatric intensive care and three emergency departments staffed with residency trained emergency medicine physicians. Grand Strand Medical Center has earned a reputation as the hospital of choice for residents and visitors. With a medical staff of 500+ highly skilled practitioners, Grand Strand Medical Center offers the community a full spectrum of board certified medical specialists and services.
Located in Myrtle Beach, in the heart of the "Grand Strand," the 60-mile stretch of coastline is considered one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the US. The area has been repeatedly recognized as one of the top retirement and tourist destinations (more than 18 million visitors a year) in the country. The community is comprised of a myriad of unique neighborhoods that include easy access to golf, the ocean, shopping and entertainment, national caliber live music venues, a local symphony, nationally recognized Botanical Garden (Brookgreen Gardens), minor league baseball, water parks, outlet shopping, international airport, fishing, boating and 2,500+ restaurants.