IU Health Physicians - Orthopedic Joint Replacement Surgeon (West Hospital)
Indiana University Health Physicians has an Orthopedic Joint Replacement Surgeon opening at IU Health West Hospital in the western Indianapolis suburb of Avon, IN. Avon is conveniently located only 13 miles from downtown Indianapolis.
IU Department of Orthopaedics is expanding its Joint Replacement Section. This is a great opportunity to be a part of growing team and work alongside some of the best in the industry. If you are interested in a highly productive clinical practice and clinical research, then this is the place to be.
IU Health is Indiana’s largest and most comprehensive healthcare system. We partner with IU School of Medicine, one of the nation’s largest medical schools, so we are able to provide leading-edge medicine and treatment options to our patients.
IU Health’s exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 21 years. So, IU Health continues to be ranked among the nation’s best healthcare systems and is the #1 ranked system in Indiana.
- Full time
- Schedule: varies
- On-Call: Shared coverage for general ortho call at suburb hospital
- 50% Inpatient/ 50% Outpatient
- Hip and knee replacements – both primary and revisions
- Work with section and department leaders to expand joint replacement services for West Central Region.
- Work collaboratively with local primary care teams and rehab/short term care facilities
- About the Team:
- Collaborative and comprehensive clinical and academic department. For more than 60 years, has been providing patient care using the most advanced technologies, attracting the best and brightest medical students, residents, and fellows throughout the Midwest. The department continues to grow, expanding its expertise across multiple orthopedic specialties, and furthering collaborative efforts in a multi-disciplinary approach to care.
- Learn more on IU Health’s website
- Joint Replacement Fellowship Required
- Candidate must be Board Eligible or Board Certified in the United States
- Open to new and experienced physicians
- IU Health offers a strong compensation model with benefits
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, PTO, relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
- For more details, contact IU Health recruiter Jeff at: 317-963-3948 or email@example.com
Avon, Indiana is a beautiful suburb of Indianapolis located just five miles west of downtown Indianapolis in Hendricks County and ten minutes from the Indianapolis International Airport. Residents enjoy a variety of entertainment and recreation along with an assortment of other wonderful amenities.
- Ranked 17th by Money Magzine in "Best Placed to Live in America" in 2017
- Rich musical tradition paired with major retailers and local cuisine options
- Entertainment options and cultural amenities for the entire family to enjoy
- Close proximity to Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" five consecutive years
- Over 200 acres of park land offers outdoor amenities including trails, lakes, fishing, boating, 18 hole golf course, splash pad and athletic playing areas.
- Quick drive to lively downtown Indianapolis provides residents with big- city amenities including:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport; "Best Airport in North America" four consecutive years (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and winner of the National Biking Award
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati