MD/DO - Emergency Medicine - Shawano, WI
ThedaCare is seeking a BC/BE Emergency Medicine physician to provide full-time coverage at ThedaCare Medical Center - Shawano.
- 1.0 FTE
- NO CALL!!
- 12, 12.5-hour shifts per month
- Including: Days, nights and weekends
- Schedule prepared 1-2 months in advance
- 25 bed, critical access hospital
- 14 bed unit
- Level IV Trauma Unit
- Fast paced, high volume & Acuity (average patients seen per year 21,000)
- Direct care to patients
- Work collaboratively with ED staff
- Be knowledgeable and supportive of departmental quality goals
- Participate on appropriate hospital/system committees
A respectful yet challenging work environment, supportive colleagues, inviting communities, and the great feeling that comes with making a difference in other people’s lives… These are just a few of the reasons to choose ThedaCare as the home for your career.
We’re looking for team members that are courageous, love their work, have a thirst for learning, and most important, put the customer first.
- Generous Signing Bonus!
- Relocation Assistance
- CME: $4,500/year
- Other Benefits:
- Long Term & Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Malpractice, Tail Coverage and WI Patient Compensation Fund
- Licensing/Board Fees
- 403b and 457b Retirement Plans
- Legal Plan Option
The newly constructed ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano is a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital, with an average daily census of 16 patients, and 2,300 admissions annually. This hospital serves 21,000 emergency patients annually.
- 24-Hour Emergency Care - Board Certified Emergency Medicine Staff available 24/7, with close connections to ThedaStar in the event of a transfer to a higher level care facility is necessary.
- Walk-In Care – No appointment necessary, 7-days a week. Walk-in care can be used for minor illnesses and sports physicals.
- Family Birth Care – Designed to meet the needs of the patient and family with a home-like environment
Welcome to Shawano WI, Shawano and Menominee Counties. Our beautiful surroundings and relaxed lifestyle full of recreational and cultural activities. Traditions are captured in festivals and celebrations, art exhibits, performances, and museums. In Shawano Country there is so much to do and see for all ages and interests. It's the perfect place to kick back and relax or kick it into high gear!
- Public or private schools with robust curriculums and state of the art technology
- Low cost of living
- Low crime rates
- Quiet streets and peaceful neighborhoods
- Historical architecture as well as quality new construction
- Vibrant downtown with unique shops and specialty items
- 26 Serene, restful and/or active city parks
- 134 Lakes and multiple streams
- Recreational activities such as camping, hunting, fishing, boating, sailing, canoeing, golfing, downhill/cross country skiing, hiking, bird watching, and rafting.
- Economic base includes retail, government services and manufacturing
Appleton International Airport located in Appleton, and Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay offer modern facilities and convenient access to all the Midwest hubs. A few additional airport hubs in the region are Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee, General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, and Dane County Regional Airport in Madison.
Modern divided highways systems provide quick, easy access to larger metropolitan areas:
- Distance to Appleton: 44 miles
- Distance to Green Bay: 30 miles
- Distance to Milwaukee: 107 miles
- Distance to Madison: 106 miles
- Distance to Chicago, IL: 197 miles
- Distance to Minneapolis, MN: 285 miles
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services.
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton, 147 Bed Acute Care
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with about 6,800 employees.
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
ThedaCare is the first healthcare system in Wisconsin to be selected as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.