Lafayette General Medical Center has an excellent opportunity for an Interventional Neurologist in Lafayette, LA. Our growing Neuroscience Center is seeking a full-time, employed BC/BE Neurologist. The successful candidate will be expected to integrate interventional neurology in a sub-specialty outpatient clinic setting. J1 and H1B candidates will be considered.
- MD or DO
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Neurology
- Licensed to practice medicine in Louisiana by date of hire
- Opportunity to join rapidly-expanding Cerebral Vascular Program
- Strong multi-disciplinary Stroke Team
- 24/7 Nurse Practitioner coverage dedicated to inpatient stroke and interventional cases
- Strong collaborative atmosphere between Neurology, Neurosurgery and Radiology
- Most Recent Annual Facts and Figures for Host Hospital:
- Top 5 hospital in Louisiana for stroke admissions
- 6th in Louisiana for mechanical thrombectomies performed
- Over 1,000 stroke admission
- Over 20,000 acute ischemic strokes, and over 3,000 hemorrhagic strokes within 200 miles
- Academic Appointment at Louisiana State University School of Medicine, Lafayette, LA, if desired
- wRVU Productivity Bonus included
- Comprehensive benefits package offered
- Call coverage Required
About Lafayette General Health
Lafayette General Health (LGH) is Acadiana’s largest non-profit, community-owned regional health system committed to always delivering excellence. The system has over 4,000 employees, serving the south-central region of Louisiana by aligning with facilities across Acadiana.
With Lafayette General Medical Center (LGMC) as the flagship hospital, LGH also owns or manages Lafayette General Orthopaedic Hospital, Oil Center Surgical Plaza, St. Martin Hospital, University Hospital & Clinics (UHC), Acadia General Hospital and Abrom Kaplan Memorial Hospital. LGH also has clinical affiliations with several other hospitals and professional medical centers across South Louisiana. LGMC and UHC, Acadiana's only two teaching hospitals, provide graduate medical education across many disciplines. LGH also owns LGMD Physician Group, a non-profit corporation that operates and manages several physician clinics, including Family Medicine and Internal Medicine, as well as many specialists and surgeons. LGH helps patients participate in their own health care by offering My Health the online patient portal, allowing people to view lab results and medical information for each hospital in the LGH system.
In continuous efforts to reach more patients, LGH helps facilitate telemedicine services to schools, businesses and government offices to make health care more accessible for people while at school or at work.
Lafayette General Medical Center (LGMC) staffs a total of 475 beds, including 366 at its main campus, 85 at its Southwest campus and 24 at the Behavioral Health Unit. It is the largest full-service acute-care medical center in Acadiana. LGMC operates the busiest emergency room and only Level 2 Trauma designation in Acadiana and handles the highest level of trauma in the region.
In an effort to meet the needs of the community, LGMC boasts a Center of Excellence in Breast Imaging, has an Accredited Cancer Center, an accredited Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery program and is an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center, and is a Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center in Maternity Care and in Bariatrics.