Physician - Medical Oncology Director
||SCL Health Medical Group - Western Colorado - Grand Junction, Colorado
Grand Junction, CO
||No J1 or H1
Quick facts about St. Mary’s Regional Cancer Center:
- St. Mary’s Regional Cancer Center is the largest and most comprehensive cancer center between Denver and Salt Lake City
- The Cancer Center Registry helps maintain St. Mary’s accreditation as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Program (CCCP)
- Clinical Research relationships with:
- UCLA’s (University of California, Los Angeles) Translational Research in Oncology U.S. Network
- University of Colorado Cancer Center
- Medical Oncology nurses are chemotherapy certified
- Pharmacists who specialize in chemotherapy preparation
- 20 therapy chairs equipped with TV, internet, temperature control, massages and an outdoor treatment option when weather allows
- 35- bed inpatient dedicated medical oncology unit
Fast Facts about St. Mary's and Grand Junction
- Grand Junction , Colo. (estab. 1896) Population: 146,000
- Awe-inspring natural beauty and the dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
- 300+ days of sunshine
- Exhilarating outdoor adventures including hiking, camping, biking or skiing on the Grand Mesa
- Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
- Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
- A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
- The heart of Colorado's wine country
- Close to world-famous destinations such as Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
- Regional Medical Center serving western Colo. & eastern Utah
- 2,020 associates, 434 physicians
- 346 beds (310 are staffed)
- 40% administrative and 60% clinical responsibilities
- Apply the appropriate leadership, charisma and skill to motivate, educate and offer direction to the oncology team.
- Monitor the overall treatment and care provided to patients in medical oncology and establish procedures to evaluate consistency and quality.
- Participate in St. Mary’s meetings and committees as needed.
- Assist in the supervision of non-physician personnel within medical oncology.
- Participate in and consult regarding strategic and master site planning.
- Oversee, develop and selectively participate in medical and paramedical education programs.
- Assist in maintaining good community relations by speaking at civic associations on behalf of the program.
- Oversee and undertake activities involving professional contacts with physicians, hospitals, public health agencies, nursing associations, and state and local medical societies.
Characteristics of a successful candidate include:
- Five or more years practice experience in Medical Oncology
- Board Certified in Medical Oncology
- Ability to think and execute strategically
- Strong intra-organizational skills
* When making contact with the person who posted this opportunity, please tell them you saw their posting on PracticeMatch.