Neuroradiologist Needed in Louisiana!
The Department of Radiology at Ochsner Health System and Louisiana State University Health Science Center- Shreveport seek applicants for a neuroradiology position at the assistant or associate level. Must be fellowship trained and board certified/ board eligible in Radiology and eligible for active Louisiana Medical Licensure. Neuro-interventional training is preferred but not required. We are seeking an enthusiastic motivated individual to join our friendly hardworking team.
We employ 15 radiologists and perform over 166,000 studies in the department. We perform approximately over 20,000 neuroimaging studies per year and over 700 neuro-interventional cases per year.
Highlights of the Position:
- Our health sciences center is home tothe School of Medicine, School of Graduate Studies and School of Allied Health Professions and a robust research enterprise. More than 800 students are enrolled in the degree programs at any one time. Additionally, nearly 600 residents and fellows are trained each year.
- Home to the only Level I Trauma center in the surrounding region, and one of only two in the state.
- Collegial and multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses to collaborate on a customized plan of care for each patient.
- Physician leadership and input at all levels of administration.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Must be able to interpret a broad mix of studies.
- Support a multidisciplinary approach to medicine, provide physician to physician communications and make clinical treatment planning recommendations to physicians as appropriate.
- Supervision of fellows, participation in teaching assignments and mentoring students, interns, residents and fellows.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Generous Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional retirement plans available
- Vacation / Scheduled Time Off
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals, and more than 100 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs nearly 25,000 employees and over 4,500 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.