Lead Physician - Primary Care
HealthCare Partners is looking for Full-time Primary Care Physicians (Family Medicine or Internal Medicine) with interests in leadership pathways to join our Clinical Leadership team in the San Gabriel Valley (Pasadena/Arcadia/Morovia/Glendora) Region. The clinicians we seek are those who practice medicine with a focus on patient care, not volume. We want our clinicians to take the time needed to truly address the patient’s needs.
If you’re looking to join a physician-led community of other care-centric physicians who are making a difference in healthcare, HealthCare Partners is the place for you. This position is a pathway to Community and Regional leadership within our IPA and Employed Physician Multi-Specialty networks in Los Angeles and will combine Administrative and Clinical duties.
Leadership Pathways include:
- Lead Physician: oversee 1-3 outpatient Primary Care clinics, including some with subspecialty providers
- Community Medical Directors: responsible for day-to-day clinical aspects as well as business office functions
- Utilization Management: part of the team which reviews HSS coding, risk and compliance for our patients
- Training and Development: work with NP preceptor students and current PGY 3 residents from our local programs in a Primary Care or Urgent Care setting
Our Outpatient Clinic Details:
- Mon-Fri, 100% Outpatient | Clinic closes at 5 pm (last patient at 4:30 pm)
- Average Patients Per Day: 18-20 patients | 40 minutes for new patients and Medicare Advantage/Seniors
- Most clinicians work 40 hours a week, but we have opportunities for 32 or 36 hours. No call required
- Patient panel bonuses & other bonuses based on quality metrics, rather than volume
- Typically we have 1-2 MA's per provider, working with 3 or more exam rooms
- Dedicated support staff of nurses and medical assistant
- Unrestricted California State Medical License
- Minimum 5-7 years working in a group setting, preferably in a Managed Care organization.
- Candidates without a California State Medical License will be considered, however, the licensing process takes 6-9 months
- Current California DEA certificate required to start
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine
HealthCare Partners is a subsidiary of DaVita Medical Group, which manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, and Washington. A leading independent medical group in America, DaVita Medical Group has over two decades of experience providing coordinated, outcomes-based medical care in a cost-effective manner.
As of June 30, 2017, DaVita Medical Group’s teammates, employed clinicians and affiliated clinicians provided care for approximately 1.7 million patients. DaVita Medical Group’s leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.??