Lead Physician - Primary Care
Optum is looking for Full-time Primary Care Physicians (Family Medicine or Internal Medicine) with interests in leadership pathways to join our Clinical Leadership team in the San Gabriel Valley (Pasadena/Arcadia/Morovia/Glendora) Region. The clinicians we seek are those who practice medicine with a focus on patient care, not volume. We want our clinicians to take the time needed to truly address the patient’s needs.
If you’re looking to join a physician-led community of other care-centric physicians who are making a difference in healthcare, HealthCare Partners is the place for you. This position is a pathway to Community and Regional leadership within our IPA and Employed Physician Multi-Specialty networks in Los Angeles and will combine Administrative and Clinical duties.
Leadership Pathways include:
- Lead Physician: oversee 1-3 outpatient Primary Care clinics, including some with subspecialty providers
- Community Medical Directors: responsible for day-to-day clinical aspects as well as business office functions
- Utilization Management: part of the team which reviews HSS coding, risk and compliance for our patients
- Training and Development: work with NP preceptor students and current PGY 3 residents from our local programs in a Primary Care or Urgent Care setting
Our Outpatient Clinic Details:
- Mon-Fri, 100% Outpatient | Clinic closes at 5 pm (last patient at 4:30 pm)
- Average Patients Per Day: 18-20 patients | 40 minutes for new patients and Medicare Advantage/Seniors
- Most clinicians work 40 hours a week, but we have opportunities for 32 or 36 hours. No call required
- Patient panel bonuses & other bonuses based on quality metrics, rather than volume
- Typically we have 1-2 MA's per provider, working with 3 or more exam rooms
- Dedicated support staff of nurses and medical assistant
- Unrestricted California State Medical License
- Minimum 5-7 years working in a group setting, preferably in a Managed Care organization.
- Candidates without a California State Medical License will be considered, however, the licensing process takes 6-9 months
- Current California DEA certificate required to start
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.