Physician - Medical Oncology
Learn more about joining our collegial team! PeaceHealth St. Joseph Cancer Center team includes 4 Medical Oncologists, 4 Radiation Oncologists, 2 Physician Assistants, Oncology Certified Nurses, Clinical Trials Staff, Cancer Registrars and numerous professionals who provide support services. As we expand services, we would welcome a new Oncology/Hematology physician.
Our oncology providers rotate to cover satellite clinics in Friday Harbor, Washington and in Ketchikan, Alaska. We also partner with PeaceHealth United General Hospital in Sedro Woolley, Washington.
Why you’ll love the practice:
- Newer 35,000 square foot cancer center with a wealth of natural light and healing atmosphere.
- Longevity in staff who enjoy caring for cancer patients.
- Commission on Cancer accredited facility.
- PeaceHealth has been selected to participate in the CMS Oncology Care Model which is an initiative to improve care through transformational models of care delivery.
- General tumor board and site-specific tumor boards for breast and thoracic oncology to provide evidence-based medicine.
- Actively involved in clinical trials. Opportunity for investigator sponsored studies.
Our Community Offers:
- Bellingham: One destination, many adventures. Our community is filled with magnificent scenery, a culture of outdoor recreation, fine dining, art, music, shopping, running, and so much more!
- We are an outdoor paradise! There is no shortage of breathtaking hikes, a relaxing camping trip, water activities, bird watching, snow sports, and scenic drives. The city has 65 miles of inner-urban trails.
- Education is key to our city. We are home to a community of strong education including Western Washington University and 2 colleges.
- Bellingham is a city with a thriving arts scene, numerous churches, great libraries, and other family-centered activities.
- Just a 90-minute drive to Seattle or Vancouver, British Columbia! Go cheer on your favorite professional sports team, dine in ethnically diverse cities, and see some of the great historical sites.
- Ranked by Forbes as a “Top 25 places to retire” and the 2nd most “Fitness-friendly cities” in America!
- Explore more about Bellingham/Whatcom County at Bellingham.org.
- Competitive compensation and benefits: healthcare coverage, retirement plans, and paid time off.
- Generous sign-on bonus, relocation assistance and CME reimbursement.
- Fully paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage.
- Educational loan reimbursement to qualified candidates, up to $50,000 over five years.
- Washington State has no state income tax.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact Kim Dianich.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center in Bellingham, founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace in 1891, is a not-for-profit tertiary care hospital providing comprehensive specialty care in northwest Washington. The medical and technology resources of PeaceHealth, combined with the caring atmosphere of a community hospital and centers of excellence in cardiovascular, cancer, spine, and joint replacements ensure patients receive exceptional medicine and compassionate care.
Bellingham is surrounded by stunning vistas of Puget Sound, the San Juan Islands and the North Cascade, Coast and Cascade mountain ranges. Residents enjoy unspoiled natural beauty of the area, support sustainable agriculture and participate in strong community volunteerism and education.
PeaceHealth is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|