Neurosurgeon to join busy group in Central Minnesota
Increasing market share and increasing demand requires that we add another talented neurosurgeon.
CentraCare Neurosurgery, employed by Centracare Health at St. Cloud Hospital, is the only neurosurgical group in Central Minnesota. We take great pride in delivering the highest quality in compassionate neurosurgical care. Our team of 5 neurosurgeons and 6 advanced practice providers (APPs) serve a primary and secondary service area approaching one million people. The challenging mix of pathology and acuity demands that we provide the full spectrum of neurosurgical services, including:
Spine: We provide the full spectrum of occipitocervical-to-sacral neurosurgical solutions for the gamut of adult degenerative, oncologic and traumatic conditions. The surgical team is fluent in minimally invasive and traditional open procedures. Skilled and experienced access surgeons from General Surgery and Vascular Surgery are readily available. State-of-the-art image guidance is provided by several Stealth and O-arm machines, operated by exceptionally talented technicians.
Neurotrauma: St. Cloud Hospital is a busy ACS Level 2 Trauma Center. As such, we provide 24/7/365 coverage. Current neurosurgical call is 1:5 (from home). The APP fields calls from the in-house nurses and from patients, while the neurosurgeon fields calls from in-house physicians or outside referring physicians. The operating room has an in-house team 24/7/365. Multi-trauma patients are admitted to the Trauma Acute Care Service, led by in-house trauma surgeons. The ICU is led by fellowship-trained Critical Care physicians. Neurohospitalists are available 24/7 as well.
Neuro-oncology: In close collaboration with medical and radiation oncology, we provide comprehensive surgical interventions for cranial and spinal oncology. In addition to the traditional neurosurgical procedures, we offer endoscopic and open skull-based procedures, as well as Linac-based SRS. Intraoperative imaging tools include the latest generations of optical and magnetic image-guided systems, as well as Leica microscopes with heads-up displays for 5ALA-induced tumor fluorescence. We have access to the full spectrum of intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring, allowing awake craniotomies in select patients. Neuroradiology provides preoperative consultation and imaging capabilities that include 3T MRI, MR Spectroscopy, DTI, fMRI and MSI.
Neurovascular: St. Cloud Hospital is the only Comprehensive Stroke Program in central Minnesota. Because of our wide catchment area and Telestroke capabilities, we are also the busiest stroke program in the state. Traditional open neurosurgical and neuroendovascular capabilities are available 24/7/365 and are performed in two hybrid biplane rooms. This permits diagnostic-quality intraoperative angiography for open surgical cases. Intraoperative videoangiography with ICG is available as well. The Stroke Neurology service admits non-surgical ICH and SAH.
If you are exceptionally skilled in the above areas, or you have a skill set that will add to our capabilities, come check us out!
- Progressive, physician-led, multi-specialty group
- Part of CentraCare Health- one regional medical center (St. Cloud Hospital), five rural hospitals, nineteen clinics, and six long-term care facilities.
- Serving ~700,000 people in a 12-county area
- Outreach services to more than 35 communities
- Over 45 Medical & Surgical Specialties
- Hospitalist and Intensivist programs
- Central Minnesota's largest regional medical center
- Part of CentraCare Health
- Licensed for 489 beds
- “Truven Top 100” Hospital eleven times. St. Cloud Hospital is the only hospital in Minnesota that has received the Top 100 hospitals distinction 11 times.
- Designated Magnet hospital since 2004
- Level II Trauma Center- over 61,000 ER visits/year
- Recent $225-million construction project of a nine-floor wing featuring new surgery suites, including a state-of-the-art endovascular suite, a new ICU, CCU, CVTU, private patient rooms, NICU rooms with additional private rooms and Perinatology clinic
- 450+ physicians on medical staff
- CentraCare Health has been on the list of “Best Places to Work in Minnesota” by Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal.
- CentraCare Health puts pride in retaining caring, skilled professionals who are committed to quality and a culture of "Our Best for You."
St. Cloud is a wonderful place to live, work and raise a family. You can take advantage of the events in Minneapolis/St. Paul, but live in low stress and relaxing community.
- 60 minutes from Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Mini-Metro of 130,000 people
- Four season recreation
- Theatre and arts
- Excellent School options
- Family Friendly
- Four colleges
- Lakes area
St. Cloud Area Education Resources
St. Cloud School District 742
Sartell School District 748
Sauk Rapids/Rice School District 47
Diocese of St. Cloud Catholic Schools
St. John’s Prep
St. Cloud State University
St. Cloud Technical College
College of St. Benedict / St. John's University