Physician - Internal Medicine
PeaceHealth is a well-established financially stable multi-specialty provider group looking for physicians interested in outpatient Internal Medicine opportunities to BE A PART OF THE EXCITING FUTURE OF PEACEHEALTH.
Diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of diseases and injuries of internal organ systems. Provide care mainly for adults who have a wide range of problems associated with internal organs. Examine patients using up-to-date medical instruments and equipment. Order and/or execute various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on the patient's condition. Analyze reports and findings of tests and examinations, and diagnose conditions. Administer or prescribe treatments and drugs. Advise patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease, disability, and death by focusing on the health of individuals, community and defined population. Protect, promote and maintain health and well-being; and document care. Prepare and complete records, work with team members for the efficient and orderly flow of patients.
We offer the unique opportunity to practice Internal Medicine with minimal clinic call, opportunity for an adult practice, a highly competitive pay system, full malpractice coverage, relocation assistance, industry leading loan reimbursement for qualified candidates, great benefits and much, much more. PeaceHealth realizes the importance of a strong primary care base and how important our Internal Medicine providers are for our communities.
- M.D. or D.O. or foreign equivalent degree
- Successful completion of an ACGME or AOA-accredited U.S. Preventive Medicine or Internal Medicine Residency or RCPSC-accredited Canadian Internal Medicine Residency
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in Oregon (or ability to obtain unrestricted license to practice medicine in Oregon prior to hire)PeaceHealth encourages personal growth and patient centered care. If you are looking for a career in health care that engages your heart and spirit as well as your mind, I would like to talk with you. To learn about PeaceHealth visit www.peacehealth.org.
Here’s why you should experience Eugene, Oregon:
- Eugene is a city located at the south end of the Willamette Valley, near the confluence of the McKenzie and Willamette rivers, about 50 miles east of the Oregon Coast. The city’s official slogan is “A Great City for the Arts and Outdoors.” Love an affluent community surrounded by scenic beauty? The Emerald City is the place for you.
- Eugene is a place for the outdoor enthusiast. With everything from hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, running and water sports, there is no shortage of things to do outside. Check out Spencer’s Butte which provides some spectacular views of the city!
- The Hult Center for the Performing Arts features all kinds of entertainment including jazz, opera, ballet, the Eugene symphony and choir. In addition, the center also features a permanent art collection
- Go shopping at the 5th street market. Spend an afternoon visiting the shops and enjoy a multitude of international cuisine while local musicians provide live entertainment at the market
- Sports fanatic? Eugene is home to the University of Oregon (Mighty Ducks) where you can catch professional, Olympic and collegiate sporting events
- Home to very strong and diverse school districts
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend is a state-of-the-art tertiary care medical center located in Oregon’s picturesque Willamette Valley. PeaceHealth Sacred Heart at RiverBend provides a patient-centered, healing environment with a strong focus on patient safety and clinical outcomes. The private patient rooms are designed to maximize access to the 181-acre site’s spectacular views of the McKenzie River, tree groves, hills and farmland.
Springfield and the neighboring community of Eugene are the third largest metropolitan area in Oregon. Home of the University of Oregon, Eugene boasts cultural amenities typical of much larger cities, from the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art to the world-famous Oregon Bach Festival.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Washington, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Health—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
PeaceHealth is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.