Adolescent Medicine Physician Needed
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and Arkansas Children’s Hospital seeks full-time board eligible/certified Adolescent Medicine physician for growing practice.
- Faculty appointment at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences at the Assistant or Associate Professor level practicing at Arkansas Children’s Hospital (ACH) in Little Rock, AR.
- Focus on Adolescent Medicine, Eating Disorders, and Sports Medicine Multidisciplinary Practice.
ADOLESCENT MEDICINE PROGRAM
- Consultative and safety-net Primary Care practice in Patient Centered Medical Home.
- Strong Pediatric and Med Ped Residency rotation, valued rotation popular with students and residents.
- Work with pediatric subspecialists, including Gynecology, Psychiatry, and Orthopedics, to centrally coordinate care delivery through clinical sites.
- Practice is active in Statewide Clinically Integrated Care Network for Pediatrics.
- Eating Disorders Program provides inpatient weight stabilization and outpatient treatment program.
- Official non-operative Sports Medicine provider to 3 school districts in Central AR with sports participation evaluations, Sports Injury Clinic, and Sport Concussion clinical service.
ARKANSAS CHILDRENS HOSPITAL
- Arkansas Children’s Hospital, a 359 bed hospital, is the only tertiary pediatric hospital in the state with a population of approximately 3 million.
- The ACH Campus spans 36 city blocks and currently employs more than 4,400 employees.
- ACH has a staff of approximately 500 physicians, and over 200 residents in pediatrics and pediatric specialties.
- ACH is financially sound and constantly growing, and has been ranked by Fortune Magazine as one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.
- Little Rock is a mid-size metropolitan area with a population of just over 700,000.
- The typical commute to work is 20 minutes.
- Arkansas is a beautiful state with pristine lakes and low range mountains where outdoor opportunities abound.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
We, at Arkansas Children’s, know that children aren’t little adults, and we’re creating innovative ways to care for them – from designing kid-savvy spaces where they enjoy receiving treatment to adapting the most rigorous safety standards to protect them and ensure they reach their potential. Our expert team is specially trained to deliver excellent care to seriously ill and critically injured children. Arkansas Children’s serves as the clinical and teaching affiliate for the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. Our promise: Unprecedented child health, defined and delivered.
Arkansas Children’s is a premier health care system with a 336-bed hospital in the state’s capital city and a second 24-bed hospital and campus in northwest Arkansas. Arkansas Children's Hospital is among the largest children's hospitals in the United States and is the only tertiary care facility for children in the state of Arkansas. ACH is ranked in 5 specialties by US News & World Report in addition to being a MAGNET-recognized hospital, a level 1 pediatric surgery center, and a center of excellence in pediatric sedation. ACH was also voted Best Place to Work in Arkansas for 2019.
Located in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains, Little Rock is a culturally diverse city with the friendliness of the South. The area offers affordable housing, quality school options, a mild climate, excellent cultural and artistic venues along with numerous outdoor recreational opportunities. With population exceeding 700,000, greater Little Rock offers the most desirable features of large cities without sacrificing ease of access and convenience.
Arkansas offers countless opportunities for biking, hiking and camping among lush and peaceful settings. The arts scene will satisfy even the most enthusiastic critic – from artisan markets and festivals to the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville. Foodies in the family? Get ready to hit up some of the nation’s hottest craft breweries and dine on the very best in creative gourmet, including restaurants whose chefs have been James Beard Award finalists. Arkansas is a great place to live, raise a family and pursue an exciting career.