Wichita Anesthesiology Chartered (WAC) seeks a BC or BE Pediatric Anesthesiologist to Join 2 others within a mid-sized private practice group with a growing Pediatric Service Line. Join 19 Anesthesiologists and CRNAs in a thriving clinical and academic practice environment.
* Pediatric-only Call; Ped Anesthesiologists' case mix includes some adult, but no OB
* Primarily supervision of CRNAs and Residents; occasionally will sit own cases
* Competitive Income, Great Benefits
* Teaching opportunities: University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita's 13 ACGME accredited residency programs
Wesley Medical Center
* Wesley Medical Center is a regional acute-care center and Level 1 Trauma Center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. The medical staff of 850 physicians and 3,400 employees provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services for more than 1 million residents of from Kansas and parts of contiguous states. 'A' Leapfrog Rating. Wesley physicians' commute times average 12 minutes.
Living in Wichita, KS
Wichita is the largest city in Kansas, home to 600K+ in greater metro area. It has been named an All-American City four times for quality of life (affordability, education, cultural and sports activities, and safety)
* Sperlings 'Best Places to Live' ranks cost of single family homes almost 40% below national median, overall cost of living 14% percent below national average
* Consistently on MSN Money's top 15 Midsize Cities for new grads
* 14 minutes from hospital to airport with five major airlines, hundreds of national and international connections
Please reply with CV to hospital system's in-house recruiter. Include cover message explaining your reasons for interest in living and working in Wichita.
Wesley Medical Center is a regional acute-care center and Level 1 Trauma Center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. The medical staff of 850 physicians and 3,400 employees provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services for patients from throughout Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Every year, more than 180,000 patients are treated and more than 6,000 babies are born at Wesley. The hospital was founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church and has been part of the HCA hospital system since 1985. In 2019, Wesley will complete more than 50 million dollars in capital investment in Wesley Children's Hospital. Wesley was named among The Joint Commission's Top Performers on Key Quality Measures
The city regularly makes the popular 'top city' lists as a smaller metro area with many of the things families are seeking, combined with lower than average cost of living. Most recent: Wichita named to CNN Money's top 10 most affordable real estate markets. Forbes ranks Wichita 11th best city in which to raise a family.
* The metro population is 390,000, but the city is the medical hub for 2/3s of the state of Kansas and parts of contiguous states--over 1.5 million
* Wichita is home to 70% of the U.S. general aviation industry, with corporations like Boeing, Hawker-Beechcraft and Cessna.
* Other major headquarters in Wichita include Koch Industries, Coleman
* This unique combination of Medical, Aviation and International Business makes Wichita home to a diverse group of internationally born/educated post-graduate degreed professionals